free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Career

5 Online Platforms To Help Find Your Next Job

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Louisiana Tech chapter.

One of the biggest shifts occurring today is that most job searching is done completely online. Companies are using online platforms more and more as a tool to get positions out there, accept applications, and even conduct interviews. Searching for jobs online has become a great tool to find amazing opportunities, but where should you start? Here are five online job search platforms that will help you find your next job. 

Indeed

Indeed.com is a job search platform that offers the ability to search for jobs by position, place, or company. I have personally used Indeed a lot during my job search. It is a platform that saves you a lot of time because you can simply add all of your skills, experience, and past positions onto an online resume. With this online resume, you can apply to almost all of the jobs with one click. This makes job-searching much easier and quicker. 

ZipRecruiter

When using ZipRecruiter, you can create a free account where you can search for numerous amount of options. On this platform, you can look up jobs by company sizes, salaries, specific industries, or positions. This platform even has a place where you can view all of their success stories. ZipRecruiter is another great website for finding specific job types. 

LinkedIn

LinkedIn, while it functions as a job search platform, is kind of like a professional social media page. On LinkedIn, you can post on an ongoing feed, connect with friends, and build your professional social network. LinkedIn is a great platform to be able to build upon your skills and connect further with people in your field. If you’re looking for more opportunities, LinkedIn is one platform to look into, though it is more time consuming than others. 

Simply Hired

Simply Hired is another great way to search for jobs. When you pull up the platform, it automatically brings up jobs that have been posted near you. That means that within five to ten seconds, you’re looking at potential jobs. Another amazing feature of Simply Hired is a built-in resume builder. On the sidebar on the right, you can click on “Resume Builder” and the website will begin to pre, ask questions, and aid you in creating your professional resume. This is a super helpful feature if you’re just starting or want to easily create a successful resume.

Glassdoor

Glassdoor is an online job searching platform you may have heard of. On this platform, you can search for jobs by whatever is most important to you. Whether you’re looking at salaries, positions, or specific companies. Glassdoor also has an amazing feature where you can read reviews on companies you are interested in applying for. If you decide to apply and receive an interview, don’t worry because Glassdoor offers interview questions you can read ahead so you come prepared. 

If you’re looking for a job, these platforms are an amazing way to get started. Take a look at the five job websites, see which few will be the best fit for you. Create a free account, build an online resume, and start your search. No matter which job search platform you may choose, it’s important to never give up when you’re looking for a job. Keep pushing, applying, and building your resume and a job will be soon to follow. 

As a little girl, I spent hours writing stories. Obviously they weren't exactly bestsellers, but it was my passion nevertheless. I would fill up my notebooks with everything I didn't know how to say out loud, and anything I could imagine. Now, as a college student, I'm chasing my dream one word at a time. I'm currently studying English and Marketing, with the intention of becoming an editor.
I'm a Junior Creative Writing major and Editor in Cheif for the Her Campus chapter at Louisiana Tech University, who hopes to be a professional writer/editor one day! I love to joke around, but also talk about critical moments in my life and those that surround me to hopefully offer entertainment and guidance to my readers!