This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Louisiana Tech chapter.

There are some days when we drop the ball on everything in life and we just don’t have it together. Life didn’t go as planned, we keep forgetting things , or we are having an off day. Here are some tips to help get yourself together and get back on track in no time.

1. Gather everything- write things that you immediately remember. Make a list and try to place all of your thoughts on paper. Writing it out can help you remember any other things you may have forgotten about and make a list.

2. Prioritize- with responsibilities comes due dates. Prioritize them by urgency to help narrow down what needs to be done first, second, and so on. This gives you a clear view of where to start and what needs to be done in a timely fashion.

3. Stick to the plan- following a designated path of getting stuff done will help increase your productivity. Now, there will be diversions or issues preventing you from getting the job done; but no fear, anything is possible.

4. Don’t stop- try to finish out the responsibilities as best you can before a certain date or time. Make it realistic for positive results and a better outcome for yourself. Staying motivated can be difficult at times, but as long as you have a plan and a deadline, you are able to finish your tasks (even when you don’t want to).

Don’t worry, there are times when we don’t have anything together. It happens, we are human. Stay motivated, keep going, and don’t forget: you’ve got this! Get yourself back on track again with these simple steps and you’ll be back on track in no time.

Gwendolyn is a Louisiana Tech University graduate with a Bachelor's Degree in English with a concentration in Creative Writing. She worked as a contributing writer under the La Tech HC Chapter. In her free time, she loves to read, write, edit, listen to music, watch movies, and explore new places and things. She plans to find work in book publishing for children's books.
Alicia Centers

Louisiana Tech '20

I am a junior Cyber Engineering major who just enjoys hanging out with awesome gals outside of school!