This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Louisiana Tech chapter.

Does your life feel boring at the moment? Do you need a pick-me-up in your life? It’s okay, everyone goes through a rut sometimes. Here are some ideas to help give your life the sparkle in it you’re looking for.

Change your routine- Repetitive routines can sometimes make us feel like we’re living the same day over and over. Talk about déjà vu! When possible, try to change up you day with taking walks around town, doing homework at a different time, or even grabbing evening coffee. Switching around small things can help change your routine and give a new perspective for the day.

Find a new hobby or activity- Some people ask, “what if I’m not good at anything?”, “what if I don’t have time?” or other similar questions. Answer: do with what you can. Finding a hobby or new skill can help you do something that you’re not used to doing. Try sewing, hiking, collecting something, gardening, or even cooking new meals.

Do something for yourself- Take care of yourself by doing things like buying yourself some flowers, look for something new to read or listen to, change up your room, or even meditating. Focusing on yourself helps make you a priority, and sometimes we need that more than anything.

Life can be predictable and for some of us, it gets boring after a while. Spicing up your life can help make it entertaining and sporadic. Try out some of these tips to make life different and fun again!

Gwendolyn is a Louisiana Tech University graduate with a Bachelor's Degree in English with a concentration in Creative Writing. She worked as a contributing writer under the La Tech HC Chapter. In her free time, she loves to read, write, edit, listen to music, watch movies, and explore new places and things. She plans to find work in book publishing for children's books.
Alicia Centers

Louisiana Tech '20

I am a junior Cyber Engineering major who just enjoys hanging out with awesome gals outside of school!