Travel Adventure Sunset Jeep Road Trip
Travel Adventure Sunset Jeep Road Trip
Tessa Pesicka / Her Campus

3 Must-See Travel Destinations before College is Over

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Louisiana Tech chapter.

College is hard. Traveling in college is even harder. As a college student, it can be difficult to find places to travel to while on a budget. Whether you want to go to the beach, to the city, or just somewhere out of the town you’re going to spend 4+ years in, it can seem costly and unattainable, but it doesn’t have to be! Trust me on this one. I’m going to tell you about the hidden gems you never knew about for your budget-friendly travels during college.

island palm trees
Photo by Jose Espinal from Pexels

• Ginnie Springs, Florida. 

The crystal-clear water isn’t the only thing you will find here. Ginnie Springs is a campground that provides hot showers, outhouses, and well-maintained grounds with picnic tables, grills, and volleyball sand pits. They also offer scuba diving into the caves of the springs. This experience can be exciting for a girl’s trip, or a cute getaway with your significant other. By the way, don’t worry about what time of year it is-. The water is 72 degrees year-round! This campsite is $20-30 per night which is more cost-effective than a hotel, and after your day of fun, you can eat at the small-town pizza place that’s only five minutes away!

• Dallas, Texas

History nerds, this one is for you, and if you like food, keep reading! The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey is the life, death, and everything in between of John F. Kennedy. There are interactive displays, Oswald’s wedding ring, and so many more artifacts that will catch your eye! The admission for the museum is about $25 per person and includes headphones for the audio in the museum. After the fun and educational day you have at the museum, it is easy to work up an appetite! The XOXO restaurant in downtown Dallas is a hidden gem, located on an all-pink block. It may be a lot of pink, but don’t let that turn away the guys! The food is well-worth being caught in a pink restaurant. This restaurant is dinner only and is very reasonably priced! You may also find a photo opportunity while dining!

Savannah, GA
Photo by Ashley Knedler on Unsplash

• Savannah, Georgia

This one is close to my heart since Georgia is my home! Savannah is enriched with history, great food, and cobblestone roads. While in Savannah, you can walk along the river holding a daiquiri from Wet Willies, shop the local merchandise, and enjoy the downtown park where the thousand-year-old trees have intertwined into canopies. The scenery is phenomenal, kind of like Hallmark movie phenomenal. If you are planning a group trip, this is the place to be! Airbnb houses start at $100/night and you can split it with your friends. Savannah almost guarantees a trip full of memories!

Before college is over, take that trip! It will not be long before life is going 100 miles per hour and college will be over. Experiences are irreplaceable, and so are the people you meet in college. Last, but not least, take plenty of pictures!

Taylor Plunkett

Louisiana Tech '22

Don't Worry, Be Happy.
I'm a Junior Creative Writing major and Editor in Cheif for the Her Campus chapter at Louisiana Tech University, who hopes to be a professional writer/editor one day! I love to joke around, but also talk about critical moments in my life and those that surround me to hopefully offer entertainment and guidance to my readers!