This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Louisiana Tech chapter.

Writing at the end of the day can be a huge stress reliever and even help you sleep better! It’s not always easy just to sit down and write about something random. What do you even write about? Here are a few prompts to help those writing block days:

• If you could’ve spent this day doing anything in the world, how would the day have gone?

• If you were a jacket, what kind would you be and why?

• What are things that happened today that made you happy but you may have overlooked?

• If you could only keep ten items of your belongings, what would you keep?

• Regardless of money and talent, if you could do anything for your career, what would it be? Why? 

• What are ten things you could do in your city that you’d enjoy?

• Create a playlist of songs that make you happy- which ones come to mind? What are you going to name this playlist?

• What’s your dream vacation? Is it a place? an activity? Who would you want there with you? How do you expect to feel if you can ever have it?

• Write a letter to your younger self. What advice would you give? What motivation? What would you like to tell yourself?

• Would you rather spend a month on a boat, a plane, or a spaceship?

Sometimes it can be fun and healthy to give your brain a break from serious things and daydream a little. Journaling can be helpful with that. You can also just write down everything on your mind from the day or for the next day. I often like to create lists for the next day so I’m not worried about it as I’m trying to go to sleep. Hope this helps!

Hailey Rodgers

Louisiana Tech '22

Hi! I'm Hailey and am currently a marketing major at LA Tech! I love traveling and gaining new experiences along the way (:
As a little girl, I spent hours writing stories. Obviously they weren't exactly bestsellers, but it was my passion nevertheless. I would fill up my notebooks with everything I didn't know how to say out loud, and anything I could imagine. Now, as a college student, I'm chasing my dream one word at a time. I'm currently studying English and Marketing, with the intention of becoming an editor.