London Tubes To Strike Again

Londoners set to face travel chaos as Tube strikes for 5 days

London Underground will come to a stand still for five days after the RMT union called for a strike aimed at the closure of all tube ticket offices.

Workers will stage a first protest on Monday, 28th April lasting for two days and a second set of fight, a week after on 5th May lasting for three days.

The transport system had already caused much misery to commuters earlier in the year when a two days strike went ahead. Further disruption was avoided after talks between the union and governmental officials.

The complains from Tube staff come after TFL’s plans revealed that most of the system will be automatic by the end of the decade sending nearly a thousand members to the job centre.

This will be the first major protest held by the union after the death of late union leader Bob Crow. An honour rally will be held in Trafalgar Square on the 1st May just after the end of the first wave of strikes.

Johão Lima is the founder, chairman, CEO, creative director and more at CNTimes. He has studied Journalism at London's elected best journalism university, the London Metropolitan University. Lima is also the founder and campaigning director for Care for Warriors, the radio head of news for his university station, a news correspondent for American based website Her Campus and still collaborates in a vast list of other projects as a freelancer. The many jobs man also writes a journalism blog based on his own experience named A Media Affair. Lima is also the visual merchandiser manager Europe and the UK supervisor for Columbia Sportswear. Lima was born in Lisbon, Portugal where he concluded his high school studies in 2011 moving to London on the same year. His personal interests make up a long list. News and current affairs, politics, art, fitness and sport, TV production, social networks, reporting, networking, travelling, photography and music are just some of the main areas. When he founded CNTimes he started the website as a simple university assignment blog that quickly became bigger than he thought. The vision for CNT* had to change and adapt itself as the time was going by and has reached the point where we are now. The plan for the next year has also been layered down and seeks an extreme growth in all senses turning CNT* into a truly international, interactive and inspirational news and current affairs media platform. You can get in touch with Johão Lima via:Email: [email protected]: @johaolimaFacebook: Johão Marques Lima