London Properties’ Prices Are On The Rise

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at London Met chapter.

The capital has seen a steady increase of 12.3% on its properties prices figures from the Office for National Statistics have shown.

The average price of a home in the United Kingdom also went up to £250.000 last December.

The housing market is registering its first major boom since recession started in 2007.

British seller and renting Rightmove shared that prices have risen £8,103 in January this year. The companies’ website has also registered a major increase in visits with up to 50 million clicks and a 20% rise on email enquiries.

Britain’s biggest estate agent, Haart said that home prices in London went up by 18.4% an average price of £448,800, more £69,784 more than the previous year and double of an average Londoner salary.

Construction of new properties is also on the rise, with an 1.3% increase in 2013.

The Bank of England has although insured the genera public that interest rates would not rise before spring 2015 but would register an increase of 2% by 2017.

Johão Lima is the founder, chairman, CEO, creative director and more at CNTimes. He has studied Journalism at London's elected best journalism university, the London Metropolitan University. Lima is also the founder and campaigning director for Care for Warriors, the radio head of news for his university station, a news correspondent for American based website Her Campus and still collaborates in a vast list of other projects as a freelancer. The many jobs man also writes a journalism blog based on his own experience named A Media Affair. Lima is also the visual merchandiser manager Europe and the UK supervisor for Columbia Sportswear. Lima was born in Lisbon, Portugal where he concluded his high school studies in 2011 moving to London on the same year. His personal interests make up a long list. News and current affairs, politics, art, fitness and sport, TV production, social networks, reporting, networking, travelling, photography and music are just some of the main areas. When he founded CNTimes he started the website as a simple university assignment blog that quickly became bigger than he thought. The vision for CNT* had to change and adapt itself as the time was going by and has reached the point where we are now. The plan for the next year has also been layered down and seeks an extreme growth in all senses turning CNT* into a truly international, interactive and inspirational news and current affairs media platform. You can get in touch with Johão Lima via:Email: johao.enquiries@gmail.comTwitter: @johaolimaFacebook: Johão Marques Lima
Hi!My name is Norresa Perucho and I am a 3rd year journalism student at London Metropolitan University, working part time as a receptionist at a health club in a 4* hotel in West London.I own my own blog known as rawpetiteness.wordpress.com and I am also a Campus Correspondent for U.S. based website known asHer Campus, in which I am the editor of the London Met page.My family are from The Philippines but I am a native English speaker which has helped me to further develop my passion in writing and journalism.I have journalism work experience at Gay Times, Women’s Health UK, Surrey Herald Newspapers and Fil-Event.com.I also have a 2 year experience as an event manager for a dance competition known as the, ‘FYF Dance Competition’ where I managed a group of volunteers, learnt about time management and the group work.I have also experience a security guard at the London Olympics 2012, Wimbledon site as an X-Ray Scanner, bag searcher and body searcher.I love going out to eat, shopping and watching films in the cinema. I also love summer beach holidays. I hate the cold, the rain and nearly all sorts of vegetables... well: onions, garlic, ginger, eww.  I also love the sound of my own voice!A selfie-fanatic, and busting dance moves in front of the mirror, I love to bring a smile to everyone’s faces.You’re most likely to find me stuffing my face with burgers and steaks!Contact me on: Norresaperucho@live.com & @rawpetiteness  HCXO