This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

I think we can all agree that Thanksgiving and Christmas hold a special place in our hearts. It’s the time of year to recenter yourself with the things that matter most in life. Friends, family, your home, yummy food, your health, safety, your education, your pet, your favorite song, no matter what it is, there’s always something to be thankful for.

Something that I have become especially grateful for the past few years is food. I think many of us take it for granted, which I don’t blame you for! I catch myself forgetting to appreciate not only the actual food I consume but the access to fresh food. After all, food is simply a part of who we are! Food is here to be enjoyed, to fuel us, to nourish us, and to connect us socially with friends and family.

I truly believe everyone can benefit from incorporating more plant, or plant-based foods into their everyday life. In honor of the season of “giving”, I encourage you to do something good for yourself, the planet, and the animals we share our wonderful home with, consume consciously. Fuel your body with nutrient-rich foods, less from packages and more from natural sourced, locally produced plants! (And no – plants aren’t just lettuce and vegetables. Nuts, seeds, legumes, fruits, grains, beans, and more are allllllll plants.)

Here you will find a bunch of your “classic holiday dishes”, but veganized! They are perfect for family gatherings, Christmas morning, or even just for your own enjoyment if you love baking and cooking! (all of these are from my favorite recipe curators who I think are super authentic. I’ve also tried some of their recipes and they turned out so great, I love all of their creations!)  Enjoy :) 

APPETIZERS & SIDES

1. White Bean Pumpkin Hummus 

2. 1-Bowl Vegan Gluten-Gree Crackers

3. Simple Pumpkin Soup

4. Savory Spinach and Mushroom Strudel

SIDES

1. Everyday Kale Salad

2. Quinoa Salad with Butternut Squash and Apples

3. Roasted Mashed Cauliflower with Paleo Vegan Gravy

4. Best Damn Vegan Biscuits

5. Easy Vegan Gluten-Free Cornbread

6. Baked Vegan Gluten-Free Mac n Cheese

7. Sweet Potato Casserole 2 Ways

8. Classic Green Bean Casserole

9. Balsamic Roasted Brussel Sprouts

10. Easy Pan Roasted Vegetables

11. Easy Vegan Stuffing

12. Best Damn Vegan Mashed Potatoes

13. Crispy Smashed Potatoes with Pesto

MAINS

1. Lentil Nut “Meatloaf”

2. Easy Vegan Gluten-Free Lentil Meatballs

3. Sweet Potato Lasagna

4. Roasted Stuffed Butternut Squash

5. 1 Hour Vegan Pot Pies

6. Hearty Mushroom Risotto

DESSERTS

1. The Best Healthy Pumpkin Pie

2. The Best Homemade Healthy Apple Pie

3. Pecan Pie

4. Vegan Gluten-Free Cinnamon Rolls

5. Apple Cider Vegan Donuts

6. Slow Cooker Cooker Quinoa Apple Crisp

7. Vegan Gluten-Free Carrot Cake

8. Carmelized Apple and Cinnamon Crumble

9. Gingerbread Cookies

10. Almond Flour Sugar Cookies

11. Medjool Date Sticky Toffy Pudding

Amanda is a freshman at LMU and is from Pennsylvania. She's a sunloving, travel enthusiast, foodie, yogi, and loves any and all things hawaiian. Check out her Instagram @alohabyamanda for food reviews, recipes, and daily inspiration!