This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

This past Saturday night, I had the opportunity to attend a morgxn concert at the Troubadour, and I have but two words: divine transportation. First off, if you don’t know morgxn, please stream “home” while you read the rest of this article. Instant fandom, I promise.

Now, I’m not much of a planner, so when I remembered that morgxn was touring in LA, I bought tickets three days before the show and forced (re: begged) my friends to join me. After all, the tickets only cost $16 – and what’s better than spending a Saturday night in West Hollywood?

Photo by Jack Mauro 

If you’ve never been to the Troubadour before, 1) get on that because it’s iconic (it’s where Elton John made his American debut) and 2) it’s incredibly small. I’d argue, however, that this intimacy is part of what makes the concert experience so incredible and unique there, and what characterizes the venue itself. The proximity you’re able to achieve to the performer(s) is wildly worth it.

Next stop: Front row, baby! After the acoustic opening by Christopher Whitehall from the Griswolds, morgxn emerged in all his otherworldly glory, clad in retro blue sunglasses and a hot pink pleather fringe jacket, opening the set with “Holy Water.” This notable entrance set the stage for an unforgettable show. His vocals were insane – I’m talking Broadway level. Not to mention the fact that he pointed right at me as we both sang and danced to the words, “because I’m crazy like that” from his new single “OMM!” Still reeling. 

Photo taken by me

Throughout the show, morgxn encouraged the crowd to “let your bodies move!” which I greatly appreciated, being the strong proponent of full body concert immersion that I am. Apart from his own effortless, unapologetic dance moves, morgxn also showed emotional vulnerability during the show, which was very powerful. The humanity of performers is often understated and overlooked by fans prone to seeing perfection, so his honesty was refreshing. 

Photo by Elena Martinez

The verdict: If you’re ever feeling spontaneous or stuck in a campus bubble, I highly recommend full-sending it and going to a concert. Even if you don’t know the band super well (as in the case of my friends), live music with people you care about will never disappoint.

Sophomore Film/TV Production major and Screenwriting minor at LMU from Michigan. When not in class, watching a movie, or writing an article, can be found drinking iced coffee, playing classical guitar, trying new restaurants, or belting lyrics at a concert.