This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

I absolutely love face masks. They are one of my favorite skin care products. They are super easy to apply, don’t require much work, they are fun to use and depending on the type of mask, deliver different results. My favorite thing about using face masks is the feeling of after I used the mask. My skin instantly feels tight and toned. Listed below are just a few of the reasons why you should be using face masks weekly.

Face masks can help you to get clearer skin and more refined pores. They are meant to deep clean the pores of dead skin cells, dirt and oily substances that can cause breakouts. According to Kristen Cherney “Using clay-based masks have the capability of drawing out dirt and excess oils while tightening your pores giving your face a brighter look.”

Face masks are a “2-in-1” product. It’s like those shampoo and conditioners kind of thing. Face masks can target different skin concerns simultaneously. They also help define fine lines, get rid of wrinkles, clean out pores, exfoliate skin, fight dryness and get rid of excess oil. Because face masks are a “2-in-1” product, they allow you to address specific conditions related to your skin. Whether you have oily skin, acne-prone skin, dry skin or sensitive skin, there are many kinds of face masks that work best with your skin while targeting any issue.

Face masks allow you to relax and de-stress. According to Discover Good Nutrition, “When they’re infused with essential oils like mint and rosemary, a face mask can lift your spirit by stimulating your senses.” If you haven’t already I seriously recommend you making your own natural face masks and adding some lavender scent! Face masks also have a huge impact on mental well-being. They allow you to melt stress away while using skin loving ingredients that improve your skin.​Taking time out of your day to use one will allow you to relax. This is especially important for young adults because we all encounter stress. Taking at least 5 minutes out of your day to apply a face mask will make you feel calm and definitely more relaxed.