Wellness

Why you need a Nespresso and a Breakdown of the Best Nespresso Pods

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

If you are just as obsessed with coffee as I am, then I need to put you on the best new at-home coffee machine. Think of a Keurig, but 10x better! The Nespresso machine brews both espresso and full cups of coffee and has a variety of flavors to try. Each capsule has a rating of 1-11, with 1 being the weakest blend and 11 being the strongest. I personally love the double espresso capsules because it is the most similar to a latte from Starbucks! I used to make trips to either Starbucks or Blue Bottle coffee multiple times a week, but I don’t go nearly as much anymore because I have everything I need at home! This machine is a life-saver, and I’ve tried multiple different coffee blends that it makes, so you don’t have to! I’m going to give you the top 5 best Nespresso capsules.

Double espresso Scuro, Dark Roast Coffee pods

For an intense, smaller cup of coffee, these are the way to go! I usually froth almond milk and creamer to go on top, and it is so good! Definitely a close replica of a strong latte from Starbucks.

Fortado Gran Lungo Americano pods

These are my personal favorite pods because they are really strong and give you more coffee than two shots of espresso. They are similar to an iced americano, which is one of the strongest types of coffee. If you prefer something a little sweeter, I wouldn’t recommend these pods unless you have a sweeter creamer to pair it with.

Bianco Leggero

This blend makes enough coffee for a whole mug, which is really nice if you like an abundant amount of coffee, rather than a shot or two of espresso. It has a smooth and sweet flavor and is perfect with any flavor of milk or creamer. This blend is really cool because it was hand-crafted by baristas in Brooklyn, New York.

Vanilla Custard Pie

This is definitely the sweetest blend I’ve ever tried, so if you really have a sweet tooth, this one’s for you! It’s pretty telling how this blend will taste, so if you like vanilla-flavored things, this can be your go-to!

Stormio Mug Capsule

This is a very popular blend for the Nespresso, and it’s cool how the beans are roasted in both Nicaragua and Guatemala. They are dark and long roasted, so if you like a rich, strong flavor of coffee this one’s for you. You can pair it with any type of milk or creamer.

Hi, my name is Domenica, I am 21 years old, and I am from the Chicago suburbs in Illinois. I am a junior at LMU and love it! I am currently a Psychology major with a double minor in Spanish and Business Administration and am really enjoying it so far. I joined the HerCampus team during the second semester of my freshman year and love writing articles in all areas for everyone to enjoy.
Her Campus LMU