A tent at the Sephoria event
A tent at the Sephoria event
Original photo by Ava Calpino
Style > Beauty

What I Got in my SEPHORiA Swag Bag!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Sephora recently put on an amazing event called SEPHORiA for the second year in a row. This year, I was fortunate enough to get the opportunity to attend and witness its amazingness firsthand. Although I am definitely a minimalist when it comes to my own makeup, I had the best time! So many brands came out to show off their products and there were so many cute photo stations set up throughout the expo. Another perk was that each guest got their own swag bag. For general admission guests, swag bags were worth $250 and the VIP bags were worth $900! I was a general admission attendee and let me just say, the bag definitely lived up to the hype. Some of the products inside were ones I’d desperately been wanting to try, but that my college student budget wouldn’t allow. Other products were completely brand new to me. The bag included a good mix of makeup, skincare, and hair care products. Here’s everything I got in my swag bag:

BITE: Agave Lip Balm

This was actually the item I was most excited to get! I know some may say it’s just a plain lip balm, but I have been dying to try it out! I love the clean label and have heard and read great reviews about it. 

HUDA BEAUTY: Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette

These palettes make some bright and colorful makeup looks! This was definitely one of the more expensive items in the box. There were a couple different variants of the palette, but I got the Sapphire version. It’s absolutely gorgeous and has a good, even mix of glitters and mattes.

MARC JACOBS BEAUTY: Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner

Yet another highly coveted item! I know I’m going to get a lot of use out of this product. There may have been different color variants, but everyone I know happened to receive the shade (Earth)quake 41. It is the perfect, natural eyeliner that just so happens to be by Marc Jacobs.

Melt Cosmetics: LIPSTICK

Melt specializes in crazy colors for tons of makeup products…and their lipsticks are no different! The shade I personally received was a hot pink color called, ‘Stupid Love’, but there were other variants as well. Definitely check out this brand if you’re an adventurous makeup wearer!

BEAUTYBLENDER: Blendercleanser solid

While I personally do not own a beauty blender, I know many people that do and that will love this product! This cute little compact is perfect for cleaning beauty blenders! It comes with with a drying pad and with deep cleaning brushes for on-the-go cleaning.

HUM: Glow Sweet Glow Skin Hydration – Vegan Gummies

These gummies taste like yummy orange and definitely deserve their name. They are vegan and claim to hydrate skin and give it a beautiful, natural glow!

Briogeo: Don’t Despair, Repair!

This deep conditioning hair mask sounds like a dream! Who doesn’t love and want soft hair? This is a very well-received product, so I was super excited to find it in the swag bag.

The INKEY List: Hyaluronic Acid Serum

Hyaluronic acid is amazing for soothing and clearing up the skin! This will be a great product for those days when your skin seems to be acting up.

OUAI: Hair Oil

This oil is amazing at smoothing out your hair while also adding some shine! It also functions to preserve hair color and prevent heat damage. 

NARS: Lipstick

This lipstick also came in multiple shades. I personally got the ‘Inappropriate Poppy’ variant, but I saw a few other colors floating around at the event. NARS produces very high-quality items, so this lipstick should not disappoint!

Urban Decay: Eyeshadow Primer Potion

This is yet another product that I’ve heard about but never got around to trying out. I’ve heard people raving about for years, so it must live up to the hype!

Drunk Elephant: Lala Retro™ Whipped Moisturizer with Ceramides

Rounding off the bag is yet another one of my personal favorite items. I have extremely dry skin, and this moisturizer works like magic! I would highly recommend looking into this product if you are in need of a deeply nourishing moisturizer.

Ava Calpino

Wisconsin '22

Ava Calpino is a senior strategic communication major at UW Madison. She previously wrote for LMU's chapter. She loves writing, the environment, and cute animals.