Upcoming Must See Movies: Winter Break Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

#1: If Beale Street Could Talk

If Beale Street Could Talk is set to be the romantic film of the year, and is the perfect film to see during this holiday season. It is being released in Los Angeles on December 14th and everywhere Christmas Day, you won’t want to miss this amazing film that tells the story of a 1970s couple living in Harlem, New York.

#2: Mary Poppins Returns

Starring Emily Blunt and Lin-Manuel Miranda, Mary Poppins Returns is going to be a huge blockbuster hit! The perfect movie to watch with the whole family, it is definitely not one to miss this Christmas.

#3: Welcome to Marwen

Although this movie may not seem like the typical, heartwarming, holiday season movie, the message of the film proves otherwise. This movie centers around a man named Mark, who was the victim of an attack, and tells his story of coming to terms with his reality through the use of imagination.

#4: Second Act

Produced by and starring Jennifer Lopez, this movie tells the story of Maya Vargas, a woman without a college education, but is trying to prove that she is capable of performing just as well as her younger, college-educated peers. This film will definitely be the feel-good movie of the season.

Year: Senior Major: Journalism Interests: Film, fashion, music, the 1970s, political activism, pop culture, and exploring around Los Angeles!
Alison is a Senior Marketing major at Loyola Marymount University. She is also President of Her Campus at LMU and has been involved since her freshman year. She enjoys writing, running, going to the beach, and is always down for a cute brunch.