This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

It’s October 30th and one of my favorite nights in LA so far is about to start. After about an hour’s drive in an Uber with my best friend, Isabella, we arrive at The Greek Theatre in Hollywood, CA. Both of us are buzzing with excitement as we start to see the thousands of people heading towards one place and one person: Troye Sivan. Known as the LGBTQ+ prince of the world, Troye has decided to stop in LA and grace us with his presence as he continues on the North American leg of his Bloom tour. I’ve been a fan of Troye’s since 2015 and I could not be more excited to finally seen him live.

Isa and I enter the open-air arena, grab some food, and find our seats. For the $75 we paid each, we were pretty close to the stage and had a solid side view. We decided to check out the merch since the aesthetics were on point, but it was pretty pricey so we chose not to get anything. Soon enough, it was time for the first opening act to come on. Carlie Hanson is an 18-year-old singer who has alt-pop sound going for her. Personally, I thought she had a good voice but I wasn’t really vibing with her set. Isa and I called her a “Halsey wannabe” if that gives you any reference (I don’t like Halsey, either). I understand why she has a growing fan base, though.

Next up was Kim Petras. Now she rocked my socks off, let me tell you. Her sound was so unique and so catchy; she is a literal trans QUEEN. She has some Britney Spears vibes going on, but puts her own twist on it that sounds SO GOOD. Isa and I were floored at the beauty and power her voice was slaying us with. I definitely recommend checking her out. Plus, her hype man/DJ was hilarious and super cute in his Power Ranger costume.

Then, it was time. Time for my world to be changed, my mind to be blown, and my heart to burst. When I tell you Troye emerged like an angel, I am not kidding. He slowly walked forward through the fog with a white fur coat and all black underneath. All the lights were on him and the arena was roaring with screams as he began to sing his album opener, “Seventeen”. Let’s just talk about his voice for a second. If you have ever listened to his music, you would know that his voice is so unique, soothing, and deep. Now imagine this live. I know, it was literal heaven. Now pair this with killer dance moves that are so natural, fun, and carefree. You get a masterpiece. That’s what this concert was. Troye performed songs from both his new album and his old one, Blue Neighborhood. He also played his song from his new movie, Boy Erased, which I am so excited to see. Also, because Halloween was the night after, he came out in a mask at one point and sang his spookiest song (one of my favorites), “Bite”. It was magical. The lights and production were phenomenal and the band and background singers were amazing. I especially loved the girl who played the keyboard and accompanied Troye on his songs that featured other artists. Since Isa and I were trying to save money while buying the tickets, our seats weren’t the best as we lost sight of him a few times when he moved farther back into the stage and we had to rely on the big screens to view his face. However, that was our own fault and didn’t have a huge impact on the experience.

Overall, Troye was absolutely amazing and everything I was expecting and more. When he brings out a new album, I definitely will be going to see him again. For how popular he is, the tickets were not that expensive (the most being $300), and the overpriced merchandise is typical of any concert. 10/10 would recommend you go see him live ASAP!

Juhi Rayonia is a student at Loyola Marymount University, where she is majoring in Film and Television Production. In her free time, she enjoys dancing, watching movies and tv shows, hiking, meeting new people, and learning new skills. She loves to bond over Harry Potter and Marvel movies, eat her weight in carbs, and go on adventures!