This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Thanksgiving, a holiday spent with friends and family we are thankful for over a table piled high with delicious dishes. However, Thanksgiving celebrations may be different this year with the ongoing pandemic. But that doesn’t mean we should skimp on the food! If anything, we should go all-out with the food to compensate for the lost time spent with friends and families. In this article, you will find a comprehensive list of products you can buy from no place other than Trader Joe’s! With their wallet-savvy prices and delectable goods, you can almost forget how absurd this year’s Thanksgiving will be! 

Oaked Chardonnay Toscano Cheese ($9.99/lbs) with Cauliflower Crisps ($2.99)

A Thanksgiving dinner is normally not prefaced by a cheese and cracker palette, but an exception should be made specifically for this cheese and cracker duo. This nutty cheese soaked in chardonnay gives it a bright taste paired with the textures of both Parmesan and Cheddar cheese. Of course, you could pair this cheese with any saltine cracker, but why not go for something a little more Thanksgiving-esque?

To match the Thanksgiving vibes, opt for Cauliflower Crisps to go with your Oaked Chardonnay Toscano Cheese! They are super crispy with healthy ingredients such as cauliflower (obviously!), brown rice, coconut milk, and a variety of other seasonings. Add a couple of grapes and these crisps will pair nicely with the creamy cheese!

Scallopini Potatoes ($3.99)

Scallopini Potatoes make a great alternative to the classic mashed potatoes! Commonly known as cheesy potatoes, this gratin dish with four kinds of cheeses will warm your stomach and satisfy your tastebuds. Thinly sliced potatoes veiled in a thick creamy sauce made of a variety of Italian cheeses will have you forgetting that mashed potatoes even exist! Just pop them in an oven per instructions and you’ll have a dish of ooey gooey goodness in no time for Thanksgiving!

Creamed Greens ($4.99)

We’ve been talking about a lot of cheesy dishes by now and I think it would be a good time to introduce some good ol’ greens! No meal is complete without a side dish of vegetables, which is where Creamed Greens come into the picture. Trader Joe’s Creamed Greens comes in a tray of brussel sprouts, kale, garlic and onion covered in a decadent bechamel sauce topped with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese (okay, so there is some cheese but it’s mainly greens!). This hearty dish is the perfect addition to any Thanksgiving meal!

Classic Cranberry Sauce ($1.99)

No Thanksgiving meal is complete without Classic Cranberry Sauce! It’s almost as important as the turkey itself if I may interject. Grab a jar of Classic Cranberry Sauce at Trader Joe’s for a feeling of nostalgia packed in a sweet and sour punch. Spread it on your turkey or just eat it as is because either way, you’ll be satisfied! 

Turkey & Stuffing en Croute ($12.99)

The main event of it all isn’t actually a classic turkey you might find on Joey or Monica’s head from Friends. Instead, think of Gordon Ramsay’s famous Beef Wellington but with turkey, stuffing, and a definitely lower price tag. A turkey tenderloin with sweet cornbread stuffing all rolled into one with a buttery pastry shell will hit all your tastebuds. Trader Joe’s Turkey & Stuffing en Croute is perfect for those who simply don’t know how to cook a whole turkey. Also, with the stuffing included, there’s no need to make stuffing! It’s the perfect Thanksgiving entrée! 

Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese ($2.99)

Believe it or not, mac & cheese is a controversial dish when it comes to Thanksgiving meals. It is most common in the south but it is slowly making its way to the Thanksgiving table in other areas too. If you would like to add a side of mac & cheese to your Thanksgiving feast, head over to Trader Joe’s and pick up their Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese! This isn’t your classic macaroni pasta. Instead, mezzi rigatoni pasta is used so the creamy bechamel sauce with a blend of three kinds of cheese and the butternut squash puree can cling to its ridges and tunnels. It’s both sophisticated and delicious! 

Pumpkin Rolls with Pumpkin Spice Icing ($3.99)

It’s finally dessert time and pumpkin pies are overrated anyway. Instead, opt for Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Rolls with Pumpkin Spice Icing! Similar to cinnamon rolls, this dessert will fill your stomach with a warm autumn feeling with notes of pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove. And if you’re not in the mood for cinnamon rolls, this can also be cooked in a skillet like a cobbler!  

If you’re an amateur chef looking for some easy “home-cooked” meals to prep, Trader Joe’s is certainly a good place to start. You might even find other items not on this list that will satisfy your Thanksgiving appetite!

Vivian is a junior majoring in journalism. She was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. In her free time, you will often find her watching sitcoms, crocheting, reading, or scrolling through Twitter for the best memes.
Her Campus LMU