This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Move over, The Office and Parks and Recreation, these are not the only funny shows on Netflix and or Hulu. No disrespect, I love The Office and Parks and Recreation. But, it’s important to recognize other shows. Here are my favorite shows on Netflix + Hulu in no particular order.

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

Okay, I started watching this show on Netflix about a year ago and it is absolutely hilarious. I’ll give you a lil synopsis. Enter Rebecca Bunch (main character), a successful lawyer in New York. On a random day, she runs into her summer camp “boyfriend” Josh: the word boyfriend used loosely. Next thing you know, she drops everything in New York and moves to West Covina, California to be with him. Josh doesn’t know that of course. The show follows her life trying to get close to Josh while playing it cool that she left everything behind for him. It’s filled with laughs and humor + the characters occasionally break out into songs: it’s great! All three seasons are on Netflix and season 4 is premiering in October on the CW!

Everybody Hates Chris

I used to watch Everybody Hates Chris pretty much every night on Nick at Nite when I was in middle school. The show follows main character Chris and his adventures of being an African-American in New York in the 1980’s as well as how he is the only black kid in his school.  His family is a lot to handle. His dad Julius is thrifty on a whole new level. His mother Rochelle cares for her family but has an interesting way to show it. His younger brother Drew looks older, gets all the girls, good at sports, and everyone loves him. His younger sister Tonya is a spoiled brat and gets a lot of attention. Chris’s best friend Greg is his sidekick and only friend at school. All in all, this show brings out how it seems like the whole world is against Chris in a humorous way. Plus, it is based on Chris Rock’s life and is narrated by him. What’s better than that?! All seasons are on Hulu! Students get Hulu included with their discount with Spotify so there are no excuses!

Schitt’s Creek

Imagine having tons of money and living in a huge mansion, and all of sudden, poof it’s gone! After going completely broke, Johnny Rose (the main character) has one asset to fall back on. He bought a town called Schitt’s Creek many years ago as a joke. Now, the Rose’s must live there. With his dramatic soap opera wife Moira and their two spoiled, pampered kids Alexa and David, the Rose’s have to majorly adjust to living in Schitt’s Creek. Let’s just say Schitt’s Creek isn’t the nicest. The show follows the Rose’s life living in the Creek and adjusting to things everyday people do. It’s got a lot of dry humor and is hilarious! Three seasons are on Netflix!

Santa Clarita Diet

Last but not least, The Santa Clarita Diet! I was scrolling through Netflix needing a new show to watch and I remember my friend saying Santa Clarita Diet was pretty good. I’m so glad I gave it a chance. The show is very weird and different but it is so funny. It stars Drew Barrymore and Timothy Olyphant so it’s gotta be good. Sheila and Joel (Drew and Timothy) are married realtors raising their daughter Abby in Santa Clarita. One day, Sheila goes through a drastic transformation which involves a lot of destruction and death. I don’t want to reveal too much, but you gotta watch it! It’s a lil bloody and there’s a bit of barfing but it’s a must-see! It has all the seasons on Netflix!

Her Campus LMU