This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

It’s no secret: LA has the best food and dessert spots you can possibly think of. I’m here to share with you some of the best dessert places in LA. These are some of my personal favorites and the places that you can always count on for that sweet tooth craving.

1. Lady M Cake Boutique

This place has the best crepe cakes hands down. You can definitely taste the amazing quality and ingredients of the cake. The signature flavor is the Green Tea Mille Crêpe but I also love the Checkers cake.

2. Salt and Straw

This ice cream store is always a go-to for me. They have their classic flavors, but every month they have new flavors that have a certain theme, for September their theme is “Late Summer Harvest”. They have unique flavors that are all SO good. There is a location in Abbot Kinney, around 10 minutes from LMU, so definitely check it out! My personal favorite is Honey Lavender and Salted Malted Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.

3. California Donuts

You have definitely seen this cute donut shop on Instagram. Located in Koreatown, they have adorable and delicious donuts such as the panda with oreo eyes and ears. If that wasn’t enough to convince you, this spot was also named one of the 31 best donut shops in America.

4. Somi Somi

Here is another classic Koreatown dessert spot. They are famous for their taiyaki (soft fish shaped bread) with your choice of nutella, custard, or red bean filling. The most popular combination is the milk and green tea swirl.

5. Snow Monster

Boba, ice cream, cake you name it. Snow Monster has it all. They are known for their cute jars and cotton candy topped drinks. If you purchase a drink with a reusable jar, you can get your next order for less!

Are you hungry yet? Make sure to refer to these awesome spots the next time you want to try something unique and delicious!

Hey, I'm Jackie! I'm a senior marketing major at LMU and love all things fashion and skincare!