This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Christmas time can be very daunting, especially when you have no idea what to give your loved ones.

First things first, find out how many people you are shopping for.

ou can see if any people have common interests or how much wrapping paper to buy.

Next, figure out your budget.

Christmas shopping doesn’t mean to empty your bank account. You want to get gifts that your loved ones will enjoy, but also ones you can afford. Money is not everything, so even if you do not have loads of money to spend, gifts from the heart are always the best.

Third, do some research.

Scope out your loved ones and see if there is anything they really want for the holidays. If they’re like my parents, they’ll say nothing…not really what I asked for. Even if someone says they don’t want anything, they’ll appreciate a gift. Look at stores they enjoy. If they really like a tv show or sports team, look for merchandise.

Start shopping early!

The worst thing you can do is wait until the weekend before Christmas. Black Friday exists for a reason, get those deals! If you see something a loved one will like, get it and then you’ll have less stress. My parents have a motto of getting all gift shopping done before December 1st(maybe a little early but still). This means way less stress for you.

But most of all, be confident.

You’ve got this Christmas in the bag.

Ava Calpino

Wisconsin '22

Ava Calpino is a senior strategic communication major at UW Madison. She previously wrote for LMU's chapter. She loves writing, the environment, and cute animals.