Things You Do If You Don’t Miss High School

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

1. You cringe when people call high school “the glory days”

Is the best not yet to come? These people need more optimism. Having braces until your junior year were not your glory days.

2. When people joke that they peaked in high school, you feel bad for them

I plan on peaking tomorrow and everyday after that.

3, It confused you when people say their true friends are from high school

Are you trying to tell me that I am not your true friend? How do I not take this as a little bit of a blow?

4. You’re not as excited to go home for breaks as your friends from college are

Seeing your family (and your pets) is beyond exciting, but it’s harder to relate to people who are excited to visit their old campus.

5. You can’t relate to people from your graduating class who always post #throwbacks

An occasional #throwback is great, but if you’re posting them almost just as much as the pictures you’ve taken recently, you should start living in the present. Create good memories today!!

6. The only thing you miss are your old teachers

Everyone has those few teachers that really helped shape them.

7. Your old classmates going to your high school’s sporting events grosses you out

It just feels so wrong being there (unless you’re supporting a sibling…I can respect that).

8. Your best memories from high school was leaving graduation knowing you’ll never have to spend another day there again

No #GraduationTears for me!

9. You treasure your time and friends in college more

You know that these are the people you will always be able to count on and you love them with all your heart.

Lizzie Bromley is a sophomore studying Journalism at Loyola Marymount University. She is in a sorority, CPC VP of Communications and Marketing, involved in Campus Ministry, and the VP of Social Media for Greek Light. She has passions for writing/blogging, spending time with her friends, and binge-watching The Office.
A Cleveland, Ohio native, Kaitlin is a senior English Major at Loyola Marymount University.