This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

By: Sophia Wilhoit

Oogie Boogie Bash

If you’re a Disney fan, this is the perfect place to visit for Halloween. The Oogie Boogie Bash is an after hours Disney Halloween party hosted in California Adventure. You can dress up and trick-or-treat around the park, meet different Disney characters dressed up in costumes, watch a special Halloween parade, and still enjoy all of the rides in the park! If you’re unable to get a ticket to this party, you can still visit Disneyland throughout October and see their Halloween decorations and get access to special Halloween snacks and merchandise.

The Haunted Hayride

The Haunted Hayride is an immersive event in the hills of Griffith Park. This event is set in a town called Midnight Falls, where you can participate in different activities such as mazes, pumpkin carving, and shopping in the local town square. The highlight of this event is the Hayride through the outskirts of the town. If you like being scared, this is the perfect event for you!

Halloween Horror Nights

Halloween Horror nights is an after hours event hosted in Universal Studios. Every year they go all out with elaborate mazes, some of them based on television and movie sets. The highlight of this event is the Terror Tram. Passengers get let off halfway through and they can walk through the Universal backlots. And for fans of Harry Potter, this year Universal has opened up Harry Potter World during Horror Nights, and hired Death Eaters to roam around Hogsmeade.

Streetfood Cinema 

Streetfood Cinema is an outdoor movie screening event with food trucks provided. During October they screen classic Halloween movies such as “Hocus Pocus”, “The Nightmare Before Christmas”, and “Beetlejuice”. Every week, Streetfood Cinema hosts these movies in different parks and plazas throughout LA.

Teniola is a Senior Entrepreneurship major from Boston, Massachusetts. She is interested in writing about beauty, trending topics, lived experiences, fitness, and overall health!