This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

By: Isaiah A. Brown

The weather reports are in – Summer 2016 is going to be hot! Here are some hot make-up items to prepare you for the hot summer days that are coming up fast. (Yes, make-up you can wear in the water or sweating during a run with some girlfriends.)

1. Skin Care

• First-Aid Beauty: Daily Face Cream 

First and foremost this is an oil-free brand! This brand is similar to that of Sephora’s and is recommended for sensitive skin, oily or dry. The approximate amount to use before applying primer and foundation is two pumps to give you a feeling of hydration.

• First-Aid Beauty: Triple Eye Remedy

This daytime under-eye cream product is to be used before blending in your concealer. It refreshes your eyes, leaving them feeling nice and cool like an ice cube, and cancels out darkness under the eyes. It can also be used for a basic/no make-up look.

2. Foundations & Miscellaneous

•  L’Oreal Infallible Pro Matte

This foundation is amazing – and for a drug store price! Manny MUA explains this foundation as a “f***ing gem.” The foundation is supposed to stay on for 24 hours in its matte state, and gives buildable medium to full coverage without the need for a setting-powder. Note: If you have dry skin, this is not for you.

• Make-up Forever No.20 Matte Bronzer

This is a gorgeous bronzer that gives an amazing dimension to your skin when you use it with a blush brush to blend. #ToDieFor

• Becca: Wild Honey Blush

This is a burnt orange-apricot color, a beautiful powder with a matte essence. It gives a slight sheen look to the face and is very pigmented, so you don’t need much of it! 

• Urban Decay: All Nighter Setting Spray

This product allows your make-up to survive anything from a day at the waterpark or to a high intensity cardio class – this product is amazing!

3. Lipsticks

• Gerard Cosmetics: Underground Lipstick

This is a dupe for the cashmere lime crime color, but is amazing and has a satin finish that gives more of a graceful look than mattes.

HOT ITEM ALERT!!!!

• Kylie Jenner Lip Kit: The best lip kit out there, although difficult to remove without make-up remover or coconut oil.  

*

Remember, make-up is fun and dares you to be creative. Do not worry what others think about your cut-crease eye shadow worn to a movie, or your Benefit cosmetics mascara in the pool – be you!  And always remember, practice makes perfect.