This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

With COVID-19 still being a big safety and health concern when it comes to traveling, many college students are planning to stay home or stay in their college town for this upcoming Spring Break. Not sure how to spend your week? Look no further! Below are some fun ideas of activities you can do during your spring break staycation. 

Become a tourist in your own town!

There’s no way you’ve done all the touristy things there are to do in your town! Whether it’s eating a weird donut, seeing an infamous sign on a hike, or taking a picture in front of a unique monument – check all of these things off your bucket list this SB.

Treat yourself to a spa or self-care day

When do you ever have a whole week off without any plans? Never! Take advantage of this  opportunity by treating yourself to a day of self care. I’m talking face mask, bubble bath, manicure, pedicure, hair mask, and whatever else you’re feeling in need of!

Get cooking!

A break from school is the perfect time to start cheffin’ it up in the kitchen! Buy all the ingredients for a tasty meal and cook it for your family or your roommates. Then you can even bake a yummy, sweet dessert that you’ve been craving.

Call all those people you’ve been meaning to call!

Personally, I have a bad habit of telling old friends I want to Facetime…and then forgetting, being too busy, or being on an opposite schedule than them. My advice is to use spring break to reach out to people you haven’t connected with in a while! Maybe it’s your grandma, your mom, another family member, or your friends from high school that you haven’t seen in a while.

Get organized and caught up on work and planning

Though this is not a very fun idea, it is a very smart one! If you’re bored over spring break, I guarantee you there’s some upcoming paper or project that you could bust out. Getting ahead feels so good and you’ll have so much more free time on your hands in the upcoming weeks of school. Maybe don’t even work on actual homework, but write down important, upcoming due dates in your planner.

I hope these five ideas inspire you and help you realize that there are still so many fun things to do over this break – even if you’re not travelling somewhere new. You can always start a new hobby, read a new book, online shop, clean your closet, or binge watch a new Netflix series this spring break too! 

Natalie Pernas is a sophomore Dance major & Public Relations minor at Loyola Marymount University. She grew up in Portland, OR, but recently relocated to Medford, NJ. Natalie is so excited to join Her Campus this year! When Natalie has free time, she loves taking spin classes, cooking, and drinking iced coffee!
Rylie Walsh is a recent graduate of Loyola Marymount University, where she earned her degree in Communication Studies and English! She was President of Her Campus LMU for the 2021-22 school year and is also a Her Campus National Writer. When she's not reading, writing, or working, you can find her hanging out with friends, SoulCycling, or enjoying her all time favorite dessert: a Pressed freeze.