Single During The Holidays: The Good and The Bad

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year again! Time for presents, friends, family, a lof of food, presents, and those couple that CANNOT just wait until Valentine’s Day to show of their lovey-dovey relationship. That’s okay because while there is some downsides of being singular during this time; there is also some *amazing* positives.

1. All of the MONEYYYY

Just think about it! You don’t have to worry about spending any part of your paycheck on a significant other. You also don’t have to worry about what to get them because no matter how long you’ve been with a person…you still don’t know.

2. Some Christmas Songs Might Be Ruined

“All I Want for Christmas is You?” Who is “You” exactly? And singing “Baby it’s Cold Outside” is getting real old by yourself. Oh! Do not get me started on the “Sleigh Ride”! The only song you might be able is “Last Christmas”,but that’s only if you had someone to give your heart to.

3. All of the Treats and Food!

.

You don’t have to share with anyone my single ladies and gentleman! So buy all the gingerbread houses, cookies, and eggnog that you can!  And eat them as well because you need the extra blubber for the winter. It gets cold out there.

4. People at Holiday Parties Think You’re Desperate.

Yes I understand that I post about how single I am ,but I still have some standards guys. I don’t want to just not be single I want to find someone to spend the rest of my life with and I’m sad that I haven’t okay? Ok.

5. Partying With Your SIngle Friends

People who understand you and your extra need for wine during this holiday season! It’s great to spend your time with people who won’t make you feel bad because you haven’t found someone because they haven’t found someone either and that’s alright!

So whether you are single or not this holiday season it’s still a time to show love and gratitude to everyone in the world because that’s what they are truly about. So, cuddle next to your bae or warm up next to the fire place with friends  ,but no matter what you do…..Have yourself some Happy Holidays!

By: Tiffany Parham

Loyola Marymount University'19 
A Cleveland, Ohio native, Kaitlin is a senior English Major at Loyola Marymount University.