This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Recently we ventured to Rose Cafe in Venice Beach to check out their brunch and it was absolutely delicious. The restaurant is located in a very cute area, surrounded by shopping and other food places, so the area is very nice. Rose Cafe was surprisingly roomy inside with lots of places to sit, inside and outside as well as a to go cafe for things like pastries and coffee. The brunch menu had a good selection and everything sounded great. I got the avocado toast with an egg over easy on top and though messy at times, it was worth it. Overall it was a fun experience with great service and a charming atmosphere.

After seeing  Rose cafe on Instagram (I don’t think i’ve ever written a more LA sentence), I knew it would be the perfect brunch spot for our Her Campus LMU outing. Like Jess said, it was in the cutest area of Venice with lots of cute ice cream shops and stores around. The actual restaurant was so much bigger than I thought it would be and we all agreed the atmosphere could not have been better. It was calm and relaxing with lots of hanging plants and lights. We also thought it would be a fun place to try for dinner or at night time so we could see the outdoor patio with all twinkle lights and lanterns turned on.

Kiera and I both ordered the french toast, and while it was different than I thought it would be, it was still to die for. This was probably the thickest piece of bread I had ever seen with a really flaky crust and softer middle was delicious when it soaked up the maple syrup and tart cream topping. Ok, this also might sound weird but the water there was really good. I’m not sure why it was so different from the water that we normally drink but we all talked about how the water was really good and crisp.

All in all, you can’t go wrong at Rose Cafe. The setting is perfect for brunch but is popular during all times of day. We also agreed that it would be the perfect place for a birthday brunch or dinner, so if you are looking for a new place to take your friends to celebrate, Rose Cafe is the place. When my parents come for Parent’s Weekend, I will definitely be taking them here, I know my mom would love it, and they have bigger items that my dad would love too.

Alison is a Senior Marketing major at Loyola Marymount University. She is also President of Her Campus at LMU and has been involved since her freshman year. She enjoys writing, running, going to the beach, and is always down for a cute brunch.