This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

As the fall semester comes to a close, sororities and fraternities host their formals and holiday party invites arrive in our mailboxes. November and December are the months of hostesses and heels, cookies and carols, and mistletoes and miracles. The Holiday season is easily my favorite time of year because I get to spend time with the people I love most and dress up almost every weekend!

Between gifting and socializing, I find myself spending much more money than I’d like throughout the holiday season. On top of that, I am buying dresses and new outfits left and right for each occasion. As a college student, there is no way I can keep up so I have been getting creative and learning how to dress for less. Revolve.com has been my saving grace. While they carry a lot of nice brands at a price, Revolve has a huge inventory with dresses starting at $30. They ship to LA in 2 days and having an easy return process, making it more convenient than ever. Here is a holiday style guide with my top picks from Revolve.com 

Willow Lace Ruffle Dress 

I LOVE this dress so much so that I ordered it for my sorority formal. It was super comfortable and very flattering! This dress is on sale for $43 right now. 

Myna Open Back Dress 

I have the biggest girl crush on this dress! The open back is subtly sexy. The ruffled hem makes it appropriate for family functions. The long sleeves keep you warm. The Myna dress is perfect for any holiday party or formal. I would pair it with gold heels, like the model or a fun pair of cheetah print stilettos. 

Lilith Cami Dress 

2019 brought back cheetah print and cowl necklines. This dress by Superdown is a perfect combination of the two, and it won’t hurt your wallet! The Lilith Cami Dress is perfect for any formal, but it can be dressed down with a cute leather jacket for a night out. 

Hallie Cut Out Dress 

What better time of year to wear a Kelly green dress than Christmas! I absolutely fell in love with this dress when I saw a friend of a friend wearing it, and I knew I had to buy it. I wore the Hallie Cut Out dress to a fraternity formal, and I could not have been happier. The dress is extremely comfortable and flattering. The cut out is ideally placed, and the thickness of the fabric makes you feel secure. 

Shayla Sequin Dress 

One of my childhood dreams is to wear a dress like this. New Years Eve is one of my favorite holidays and what better way to ring in the new year than wearing an entirely sequined dress. The Shayla Sequin Dress retails for $72, but I think it is worth every penny. 

Dahila Wrap Mini Dress 

This dress is a perfect bodycon! The ruching on the side is a nice touch and discreetly hides an extra peppermint bark you ate and a glass of bubbly drank. The dress comes in cobalt, cherry and black, so everyone can find a color they love. 

Jeffery Campbell Lindsay Heel 

These are my all-time favorite heels. I have worn them to every dance and formal I could since my junior year of high school. They are extremely comfortable and versatile, and they have held up so well! Even though they are a little pricier, the Lindsay heel is by far my favorite shoe!! 

I hope these dresses are good inspiration for dressing up this holiday season!! Revolve has so many good options that everyone can find something they love. My best advice is to wear the outfit you love and the shoes that let you dance and always share your dresses with your best friends! 

My name is Emily Walker, and I am a psychology and finance double major from Southern California. I will graduate in 2022. I believe in working hard and being kind. I love spending most of my time laying on the beach, running in the sun, and wasting time on Canva. Whenever my schedule allows, I turn into a chef by day and a book worm by night.