Review of the Happy Place: LA’s Newest Pop-Up Art Experience

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Recently, my friends and I went to the Happy Place Museum, located in Los Angeles, CA. Set up in a similar fashion like the Museum of Ice Cream, this pop-up museum has rooms you can walk through packed with art pieces intended to make viewers smile.

All of the rooms were very well put together, providing the ultimate place and opportunity to take some really cute pictures. In some rooms, there were little treats for us like m&ms or cake pops that corresponded with the theme of that specific room. The artwork within each room was so cool to look at, and some art pieces were interactive.

My favorite room was the flower room, where flowers hung from the ceiling and were even on raised platforms. In this room, you could climb ladders up to the flowers, making you feel as though you were part of the art. This room was breathtaking with so many flowers and crystals hanging from the ceiling.

Another one of my favorite art pieces, was a dome-like wind tunnel filled with confetti.  Once inside, my friends and I couldn’t stop laughing as the confetti continuously flew out, encapturing us in colorful craziness.

After walking through all of the rooms, there was a little area where they handed out free popsicles and you could shop around for items from their gift shop. There was also a lemonade stand, a food truck serving rainbow grilled cheeses, and a few more places to take some photos.

Overall my experience at the Happy Place Museum was a very fun one with friends, and it was worth the price and trip over. We really did leave truly happy. Check out this video about our experience!