Rebecca Minkoff: Boss Lady (+ Gift Ideas)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

It is only fitting that as a women’s magazine, we take the time to recognize boss women who have had impact on society. At home, Rebecca Minkoff is a wife to actor and director, Gavin Bellour and mom to three beautiful kids. When she is not running after her older kids or rocking the baby to sleep, Minkoff runs a multi-million dollar company and is a world-renowned designer. Rebecca Minkoff is the epitome of working mom. She not only gives her utmost attention to her family at home and employees at work, but she emphasizes the importance of empowering those around her, especially women.

What is most compelling about Minkoff’s accomplishments is her “Superwoman” line. She created this brand to empower and uplift women. According to Minkoff, “our world in fashion is very competitive, very ‘Devil Wears Prada,’ and there wasn’t a place where women could help each other out. I needed an outlet for that.” Hence, the beginning of “Superwoman.” Started almost 4 years ago, “Superwoman” began as dinners that brought together other boss ladies and encouraged a supportive environment for creativity and collaboration. Now, Minkoff hosts gatherings in her stores and most recently, speaks on a podcast.  “Superwomen with Rebecca Minkoff” highlights a woman every week. You can listen to her podcast on Spotify.

Check out the Superwoman Collection here!

In the fall of 2018, Rebecca Minkoff debuted the “I am Many” line. This line was created by diverse, complex women. Minkoff believes that we don’t need to wait for permission; we need to see our goal and sprint towards it. The line prides itself on the slogan: “We are a collective of multidimensional women. The sum of many parts. We play many different roles. When we come together, anything can happen.” In September, all proceeds from the “I am Many” tee  benefitted organizations that support women.

Minkoff has taken a sophisticated brand and turned it into a force of good. People like her demonstrate how important it is to take pride in individuality but to learn how to grow in a community. Minkoff created cohesive, inspiring group in a highly competitive industry, empowering women all over the world. Minkoff is an example of what we should all strive to be. She also highlights the importance of following your dreams.

If you are looking to support this girl boss by treating yourself or a woman that inspires you, here are some gift ideas from Rebecca Minkoff! (p.s. If subscribe to their emails you’ll always be the first to know about the latest trends and you’ll receive 15% off your first order.)

For the traveler

Passport Case – Adventure Awaits

For the city girl

Mini M.A.C. Crossbody (it comes in some many colors!)

For the schedule keeper

Major Rose Gold Tone Bracelet Watch, 35mm 

For the party all-nighter

Patti Jacket

For the Sunday-bruncher

Leo Clutch

For the scholar

Always on M.A.B. Backpack

For the tech lover

Power Tassel Keychain

For the beach goer

Jane Soft Square Sunglasses

My name is Emily Walker, and I am a psychology and finance double major from Southern California. I will graduate in 2022. I believe in working hard and being kind. I love spending most of my time laying on the beach, running in the sun, and wasting time on Canva. Whenever my schedule allows, I turn into a chef by day and a book worm by night.