This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Name: Emily Bjerke

Major: Communications

Year: Senior

Favorite article that you wrote?

AHH I have SO many favorite articles. One of my top favorites was definitely my article about Sincerely Jules at the Revolve Pop Up Shop, I was able to meet her and ask her some questions for the article. I also really enjoyed writing “The Bachelor Finale as Told by the Kardashians”. I’m completely obsessed with the Bachelor Franchise and the Kardashians so it was fun to put the two together. I also loved interviewing my boyfriend, James, as campus cutie!

Favorite from another LMU staff writer?

Again SO many to choose from. I always love reading about LA destinations whether it’s LA’s most Instagram-able murals or the best restaurants in the area, I always learn something new! Also, my writers know, I’m such a sucker for anything with a gif. I think they’re always so funny and interesting in articles.

Where do you look for article inspiration?

I look everywhere! I get a lot of inspiration from things I see online or on social media. Lately I’ve been a lot more interested in current events happening in the world. Although I’d say for every article I always end up writing about something that I would want to read, assuming that if I want to read it so does someone else. So I’ll do all the research, sit down to write, and then share it with the world!

Presidential duties? Favorite part/perks?

My duties pretty much entail making sure Her Campus LMU (HC LMU) keeps going, leading meetings, keeping in touch with officers to make sure we’re on track, ensuring we have enough content for the week etc. I’m lucky enough to have an amazing VP, Kaitlin, who makes my job so easy. She focuses mostly on the editorial side where I handle more of the business side. My favorite part is all of the opportunities I’ve been able to participate in through HC LMU. This year we were able to partner with boohoo for a pop up store they were doing in LA. And last year when I was VP I was able to attend Paley Fest with our former President & Founder, Evelyn. We got to go as press and interview celebs on the red carpet! I was so nervous that I made Evelyn do all the talking but it was still so much fun.

Involvement in bringing Her Campus to LMU? How has it changed?

Her Campus was actually brought to LMU by Evelyn Hitchcock and Lucy Conroy but I was lucky enough to be a founding member! It has grown so much in the past three years, and I am so proud to be a part of HC LMU We started with just a small group of friends who wanted to write and have grown to be a much larger team from all different friend groups and grades. It’s so much fun to be able to meet new people through HC LMU. We also are a lot more recognized on campus now which is so much fun to see! Before almost no one knew what Her Campus was (it’s a lot more popular on the East Coast). But now I’ll be talking to people and they’ll know exactly what it is!

How has HC defined your college experience?

HC LMU completely changed my college experience. I started LMU as an Engineering Major and joined HCLMU when it began the second semester of my freshman year. I realized through joining how much I actually loved to write and a year later ended up switching into Communications. I definitely don’t think I would’ve changed majors if it weren’t for HC but I am so glad I did! Being a part of HC has given me internship opportunities I could’ve only dreamed of before and helped me learn how to become a leader. HCLMU has been my favorite college experience.

Hopes for HC future?

My hope for HC LMU in the future is just for it to continue to grow. So much has changed in three years and I’d love to see more recognition and involvement on campus.

HCXO <3