This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

While my fellow lions were busy prowling the beer garden at Fallapalooza, I was listening to some of my favorite artists and sipping Ojuko’s Watermelon Wave Refreshers underneath the palm trees at Doheny State Beach. This is not to say that I didn’t miss out on some things, namely the Insta photo opps, but Day 3 of Ohana Festival was pretty close to pure bliss.

Ohana Fest was conceived by Pearl Jam’s Eddie Vedder and contributes a portion of its proceeds to the San Onofre Parks Foundation and the Doheny State Beach Interpretive Association. It was festival’s second year, but as an attendee of both I already recognized some improvements in planning, layout, and overall atmosphere.

The lineup included some of my current favorites like VÉRITÉ, Dr. Dog, The Naked and Famous, and HAIM. An amazing performance by Jack Johnson, which drew the largest crowd of the day, closed out the three day event.

I am already anticipating the release of next year’s lineup, and can guarantee that you will find me wandering between vendor booths, deciding between mini donuts, ice cream, tacos, fries, an acai bowl- and deciding to have them all.

I am a Senior English Major, Dance Minor. If I'm not scribbling into my journal or reading three books at a time, I am most likely in the drive thru line at In N Out, walking on the beach, or daydreaming about that one time I lived in Italy. All I want out of life is a perfectly curated collection of turtlenecks, a rescued poodle, and more than one Taco Tuesday in a week.