A Night with The Office’s Angela Kinsey

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

(Photo taken by Lex Straiten)

Working for an on-campus entertainment group definitely has it’s benefits, meeting Angela Kinsey was definitely one of those benefits!  

7:00pm: My coworkers and I started the night by clearing the venue of all chairs and tables to make enough seating room for what we were expecting to be a very large crowd. In order to fit everyone we taped off sections of the floor where people could sit, while still keeping spaces marked-off in case of an emergency. We also had to set up the stage for Angela and our Interviewer (Lex), which meant we had to push two armchairs through a coffee shop! Luckily everyone was well caffeinated, so no one put up too much of a fuss about us passing through! With the check in table all set up, it was time to start signing people in.

7:50pm: People had been lining up outside of the venue since 12:00pm because the first nine people got a pass to a meet and greet with Angela. Little did we know that we were going to have over 200 people show up! My friend/coworker Sebastian and I handed out meet and greet passes to the first nine people and then took on the task of swiping everyone in. The line started to wrap around the building and people were starting to get very excited. We only managed to get through the first 75 people before it was time to move onto our next task.

8:00pm: Time to open the doors! People started filing in, at first we tried to do it systematically but by the 100th person we just tried to fit in as many people as we could! As people were still swipping in we emphasised the importance of getting close to your neighbor so we could fit in more people. Surprisingly, college students are just as good as scooching together as kindergarteners! No one would move because, understandably so, they wanted to get the best view possible.

8:15pm: With 15 minutes until ‘show-go’ the energy in the room was contagious! As most of the crowd was already seated it was time to go get Angela, her husband, and her agent! My boss Adam, and Lex (interviewer) went to go get the group while  Sebastian, one of our other bosses Anna, and I waited for them all at the side door of the venue. When Angela came over to us she was as sweet as can be and said hello to all of us waiting to take her and her ‘squad’ to their places. Adam and Lex waited with Angela to bring her on stage while Sebastian, Anna, and I brought Angela’s husband and agent to their seats in the back of the venue.

8:30pm: Show time! Angela walks out and the crowd erupts with excitement! It was so cute how her husband was taking pictures of her during the entire interview, you could tell how much they supported each other! Angela had to most amazing-in depth responses to all of the questions, which made for an incredible night! She talked about funny moments on the set of The Office, what it’s like to work with Colleen Ballinger on Haters Back Off, what it’s like to be neighbors with some of her former castmates, and so much more. This was truly an event you did not want to miss!  

10:00pm: With the interview and meet and greet over, it was time to start cleaning up. Before we started though, Angela asked all of Mane Entertainment to take a photo with her! She was such a sweetheart and so incredibly down to earth, taking a photo with us is just a testament to that. After putting back the chairs and tables, and pushing the armchairs back through the coffee shop (lol) it was time to close the door on an amazing night!  

Carlie is originally from Minnesota but has always been a California girl at heart. She is studying Communication Studies and Public Relations at Loyola Marymount University. In addition to Her Campus, she is also apart of a service organization, and her job is to bring celebrity guests to LMU for concerts, Q&As, and stand-up shows. Carlie has a variety of passions from singing, cooking, makeup, and YouTube so you can expect a fun array of articles from her!