This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

It is crazy to think everyone has been quarantined in our houses for almost a year now. To be exact only nine months, but it honestly feels like it has been an eternity. Many of us have picked up many new hobbies. Today I thought I would provide you with a fun new hobby to try, ring making. This can be a fun craft idea to start, along with a great gift idea for Christmas coming up. I hope you enjoy it!

Supplies: 

*If you do not have a ring measuring tool around your house, a nail polish bottle top with do or something with a cylinder shape. 

Step 1:

Set out all of your materials. 

Step 2:

Cut the piece of wire with your pliers and bend it in half. Slip one bead through either end of the wire. The bead should be in the center of the wire, essentially where the bend is. 

Step 3:

You will then get your ring measuring tool out and bend the wire around the tool. I wrapped it around three times on both sides, but you can wrap it around as little or as many times as you want. Do make sure though you have extra wire leftover on both sides to wrap the bead in place. 

Step 4:

As the ring is still sitting on the measuring tool grab the extra wire from both sides and wrap it around the bead, just to keep it in place. 

Step 5:

After you take the ring off of the measuring tool you can continue wrapping the wire around the bead or the sides. After I took my wire off of the measuring tool I wrapped the wire on the sides of the ring. I wrapped it four times on each side. 

Step 6:

After you have finished making the design you essentially want you can cut off the rest of the wire with your pliers. You should try and tuck the ends of the wire under another, so the sharp edges do not cut you. 

Step 7:

You are now all done! Now you have a pretty ring to wear or a very thoughtful present to give someone else. Hope you enjoyed this quick and easy way to make rings at home. 

Lilly Higgins is a sophomore majoring in Psychology at Loyola Marymount University. She lives in Gilroy, CA. In her free time, she enjoys journaling, hanging out with her friends & family, and loves listening to music.
Her Campus LMU