This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Although it might still feel like summer in Los Angeles, we are fast approaching winter. This year has been slightly different from the rest and most trends have adapted to the new stay-at-home lifestyle. For that reason, nail trends have been pretty influential this year. Here are some of the cutest trends to get you through the fall and into the winter season!

Gradient Nails

This is one of the cutest trends that started in the summer season with blues and pinks but can easily be transitioned into fall and winter. The idea of having a different shade on every finger is a great way to be bold without being too bold. Also, it’s great for those of us who are indecisive because you get to pick five colors instead of narrowing it down to one!

Bold French Manicures

The basic french manicure got an update this year. The new french tip look allows for plenty of creativity. I’ve seen the clear nail with a colorful french tip as well as a colored nail with colorful french tips. Another cute idea to spice up this look is to have a different colored french tip on each nail! There are plenty of ways to try this trend and the endless options allow for everyone’s nails to look unique.

V-shaped French Tips

This trend is very similar to the bold french mani but gives it a more elegant twist. It looks better on longer nails but can still be done on shorter nails and various nail shapes. I’ve seen this trend done with french tips shaped like hearts that also look very cute. This trend once again allows for plenty of creativity so definitely try it out!

Geometric Nails

This trend is definitely a more complicated one. It is versatile and a great trend for both minimalists and those who want more intricate designs. It is definitely a more artsy trend and looks very bold. 

Animal Print

This trend is not surprising because animal prints have taken over this year. It is definitely a cute idea for fall and winter because it can easily adapt to the seasons. Just like we change from animal print dresses to animal print coats and sweaters, we can change the color of the animal print nails from the summer neons to the fall neutrals. Another variation of the trend is tortoiseshell nails which are also perfect for fall!

Solid Colors

Solid nails without a design will always be in style. For those who don’t necessarily want a design, there are a few colors that are trendy this fall. These include midnight blue, burnt orange, forest green, burgundy, and nudes. Sometimes a simple manicure goes a long way!

Sasha is a Psychology major and Sociology minor at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles.
Her Campus LMU