This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Los Angeles hosted its first Super Bowl on Sunday, February 13th in front of millions of fans across the country. Even if you aren’t into the Super Bowl for the sport of football itself, there are plenty of other ways to enjoy the game. From the halftime performance, the abundance of food and other festivities and with SoFi Stadium being the backdrop for the already exciting day, it was one to be remembered. I certainly enjoyed watching the halftime show, with M&M, Dr. Dre, Kendrick Lamar, Mary J Blige and so many more. It was truly historic. 

But, for me, it’s all about the game of football itself on Super Bowl Sunday. Being an LA Rams fan myself, I loved being able to cheer on the home team at home. It was thrilling, exhilarating and exhausting all at the same time. And, though I didn’t go to the game personally, I bit my nails nervously in the last minute and a half hoping that by some miracle the Rams would pull it off—and lucky they did. It was as if it was a scene in a Hollywood movie (in Hollywood). With under a minute to go, Matthew Stafford connected with Cooper Kuppto to secure the victory for the Rams. At that moment, I jumped up and down, screamed, cried and hugged my loved ones around me. It was as if time stood still, and we could all relish in the joy of our team winning knowing it took a lot of hard work to get there. 

Many local bakeries took in on the action and took inspiration to make game day-inspired treats. Bakeries such as Sweet E’s Bakery and Susie Cakes in Brentwood, California made game-inspired sweets for any fan. I for sure took part in my fair share of treats.

As always, the commercials are a treat for many fans. Notably this year was a Disney+ advertisement with “goats” as movies instead of G.O.A.T.S (Greatest of All Time) as players and a new addition of cryptocurrency advertisements trying to appeal to new audiences and expand their outreach. 

But the most special treat of all was getting to root for the home team. And, that is one I’ll never forget

Hi! My name is Sarah Altieri and I am from sunny Santa Monica California! I am a transfer student to LMU and I could not be more excited to be writing about subjects and topics that I am passionate about with the LMU community. In addition to writing, you can find me catching up on a latest book, sitting by the beach, or listening to Taylor Swift.