This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Let’s just say I’m marking November 1,2017 as the best day of my life. My dream finally came true . . . . . I got to go see Ellen! What made my day the most special is going with my mom, my sister, and our best friend. I’m a huge Ellen fan but my sister and her best friend are her number one fans, so to have this experience with them is something I will never forget. I’m not sure if any of you have ever tried to get Ellen tickets before, but it is extremely difficult. You put your name in Season after Season hoping that by the luck of the draw your name gets picked to go. We literally have been putting our names in for 8 years. It finally paid off and we got put on the list for Standby tickets, which meant that we weren’t guaranteed to get into the taping. We were determined to give it our best shot, so we showed up extremely early to stand in line.

We were so excited to get the first standby tickets to be handed out, so we thought that was a good sign, but we didn’t know how many guaranteed seats had already been filled. After getting our numbers, we were told to come back a few hours later. Needless to say it was time spent talking about all the possibilities. Would we spot Ellen coming into the Studio? Would there be a celebrity guest we loved?

The anticipation of what was to come was killing us, but we wouldn’t have had it any other way. After returning, we got to view previous musical artists on the monitors in the waiting area. It got us so excited for the show! So even the wait time is fun!

A few employees came up a couple times to talk to us and then the next thing you know we are the first ones to be seated in the entire studio audience. Let’s just say it all took off from there. We were in the fourth row, with great views of everything. Kerry Washington was the guest that day, and being a huge Scandal fan, I was super excited to see her. She didn’t disappoint! She was beautiful, funny and we got to witness her being scared by an Ellen Staff member.

In the next segment, Ellen said it was time to play a Match Game. The first girl from the audience got called up and wins a $5,000 Gap Gift Card. Everyone was cheering and then all of a sudden Ellen called out our best friend Perry’s name to come down to the stage to play the game! We were all jumping up and down cheering for her as she ran down to the front. She got to hug Ellen twice and participate in the same game where she ended up winning, of all things, kale (but honestly getting anything from Ellen is extremely exciting). We’re still calling her Kale Girl! Then another girl from the audience went up to play the game and ended up winning “12 Days of Giveaways Tickets for the entire Audience”. We all get to come back!!! The energy in the room was something I will never forget. Everyone was screaming and hugging and my mom was even caught on camera crying, something we can forever tease her about.We were all so shocked and I still can’t wrap my head around it.

To be a guest on 12 Days of Giveaways is everyone’s dream, but I never thought in a million years it would happen for my family and me. We have the recorded show, where we can be seen losing our minds when the audience becomes aware of the big surprise. We’ve never screamed, jumped, or danced more in our lives. Overall it was the most exciting day! Ellen is so sincere, funny and amazing. I hope that everyone has the opportunity to go see her show, because it’s honestly one of the best experiences you’ll ever have. It should be on everyone’s bucket list!!!