The Most Underrated Celebrities

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

For those of you who love to keep up with pop culture as much as I do, you may notice that you tend to see the same names in the news everyday. There’s always articles about each of the Kardashians, updates on Beyonce and her babies, or news on Brad and Angelina’s break up. Some of my all time favorite celebrities are people that do not come up in the news very often. They tend to keep it under the radar, but I personally think they are some of the most talented people in the industry. I believe that these stars are underrated and deserve way more attention

1. My favorite celebrity is and forever will be Lea Michele. Ever since Rachel Berry came up on my TV screen I have been a major fan. Lea’s talent on that show outshines everyone else on TV. She has the voice of an angel and ever since Glee ended I think people have forgotten how talented she is. She has two albums out that are better than most of the songs you hear on the radio today. I think she needs more recognition for her talent and hopefully people will start talking about her more when her new show, The Mayor comes out in October.  

2. Leighton Meester, AKA Queen B forever! Although Leighton is most well known for being the one and only, Blair Waldorf she has done so much more than Gossip Girl. She has been in loads of movies, a Broadway show, and even has her own album out (which is one of my faves and you should all listen to it). Leighton is said to be putting more music out soon and I think there should be more talk about this. She is so talented and even though Blair Waldorf is the best character to ever be on TV, Leighton deserves more recognition than just  for Gossip Girl.

3. When most people think of Ashley Tisdale they immediately think of Suite Life of Zack and Cody or the iconic Sharpay Evans, but she has done a lot since her Disney days. Ashley is a great singer and has a Youtube channel where she posts videos of her doing covers of songs with other celebrities. She’s also quite the fashionista and fun to follow on social media to get beauty tips and tricks.

4. Let me just say three words… I’m Chuck Bass. How could you ever forget about everyone’s ultimate TV boy crush, Chuck Bass? He’s every girl’s dream boyfriend, but in real life he’s just as amazing(especially since he really has a British accent). Ed is mostly only mentioned for his role in Gossip Girl, but he has actually been in other successful films and just came  out with a new TV series.

5. Yes, I know I’m talking about another actor from Glee, but they were all just so talented. Darren Criss specifically was one of the best characters on that show. Darren has an amazing voice and just released some new songs with his brother and was recently in a play. He also sometimes hangs out with my other favorite, Lea Michele and post videos of the two of them singing together which gives all the Glee feels.  

6. Let it be known, Aly & AJ are making a comeback and you’re lying to yourself if you don’t think Potential Breakup Song is one of the best songs ever. While they were extremely popular in their Disney Channel days, the sisters decided to take a 10 year break but they just came back with a new song, Take Me. All I can say is they better have a concert tour coming soon.