person taking photo of pants and shoes
person taking photo of pants and shoes
SHTTEFAN/Unsplash

LMU Instagram: Are You Original?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

“Should I gram this?” you overhear waiting in line at Mendo on a crowded Saturday afternoon. First of all, probably not, because everyone knows that Sunday afternoon (teamed with a witty caption, obviously) is the prime time to post a photo on Instagram if you are trying to maximize your likage. Despite a fairly diverse student body, there are some things all LMU students have in common (our shared aversion for the Lair’s Community Table, our common confusion about the rules regarding biking on campus during daylight hours, and our dread upon finding that our 8am philosophy class is all the way in UHALL), but one of our chief similarities is the content on our Instagram accounts.

Instagram is supposed to be original, right? But let’s face it, whether it’s a sunset from the bluff or your lunch date at Lemonade, Lions are guilty of posting the same pictures. Here are ten ‘grams you’ll find on any given day scrolling through your homepage – how many are you guilty of?

1.     Classic chapel pic

2.     Paradise Bowls at the beach

3.     Soul Cycle

4.     Hollywood hike

5.     The bluff 

6.     Hannon Library 

7.     Gym shoes at the beach

8.     Sprinkles cupcakes

9.     Lemonade 

10.  Pressed Juicery