Lazy Girl’s Guide to Fall Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Sure, those dark floral dresses are everything for fall. But, are we actually going to wear them to class on Monday? The resounding answer is no. Who’s got the time to pull together a presentable look to go with that dress? I sure don’t. That’s why I’m bringing you the real deal, fellow lazy girls. I’ve narrowed down five top trends from fall’s lineup that you can pull off in five minutes or less.

Pajamas

Finally, a trend that literally allows you to roll out of bed and into your Monday morning lecture. Celebrities, like the Kardashian clan, Zendaya, and Anna Kendrick, are paving the way for us sleepy ladies. Follow suit in bedroom favorites, such as robes and mules. C’mon- tell me you’re not the least bit intrigued by a flat shoe that’s not athletic nor matronly!

Franco Sarto Dalton 2 Mule ($89)

Seeing Red

This trend is as easy as it gets. Show your support for this sultry shade in minimal doses or all out ensembles. A personal favorite is a red lip. It goes with nearly any outfit, is a signature look for some, and can add drama to the most mundane looks. Bonus points if red is one of your school colors! #golions

Maybelline ($9)

Vans Moto Leather Slip-on ($60)

Sweaty Betty

Athleisure is back! But then again, did it ever really leave? Our girl, Gigi Hadid, has been a long-time wearer of the trend and has completely revamped the idea of leaving the gym in style. You can find updated pieces of this trend in Adidas tracksuits, oversized hoodies, and all things Sporty Spice.

Political Tees

It’s time to say it like you mean it, girls. Graphic tees have a political voice this season, and what easier way to show your support than wearing your heart on your sleeve chest? Some of the biggest movements you can get behind are women’s rights, think green, and Dreamers of DACA.

Asos ($51)

Utilitarian Beware of the chilly mornings ahead. Lucky for you, utility jackets promise warmth and practicality. In 2017, we’re seeing these jackets equipped with embroidery and patches and featured hues other than army green. To be honest, I’m making use of all of the spare pockets by stuffing them with snacks.

Forever 21 Aryn K Embroidered Utility Jacket ($60)

I'm a dog and cat mom- Trigger (the dog) and Rogue (the kitty). I am active by nature, so sitting idle is never an option. I love finding new areas of LA to explore and I am on an endless hunt for the best pizza this city has to offer.
Her Campus LMU