absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

I Let My Barista Choose My Drinks for a Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Before college, I was definitely not a coffee person. However, my morning classes quickly presented me with two options: Become a morning person or become a coffee person. As you may have guessed, I chose coffee.

Because I have not really explored different types of coffee drinks, I thought it would be fun to relinquish control of my choices (scary!) and let the baristas at the Den here at LMU choose my drinks to help me get through my morning classes for the week.

Day one: I woke up an extra hour early to ensure that I would have time to pick up my coffee and finish it before class. Sadly, there are no drinks allowed in the theater :( I told the barista to make whatever his heart desired. He made me an iced caramel macchiato, which he admitted was basic, but it is still his favorite drink.

Rating: This drink was very good, a little too sweet for me as a grown-up, but it reminded me of being 13 and going to Starbucks with my friends. 7/10

Day two: I woke up extra early again, but I was too excited for my coffee to even notice how much it sucks getting out of bed. When I went to the Den and placed my request, the barista got super excited! He said he would make me something extra special and I watched him in awe as he made the most beautiful and intricate latte I have ever seen. He put a bunch of different syrups in it, but when I asked what he wanted to call his creation he said that it was a “Coconut and Macadamia Nut Latte.”

Rating: To be honest, this latte was awesome. I personally prefer hot drinks to cold, and this was so creamy and foamy and coconutty. I would definitely order this again despite the fact that it probably had around a million calories in it. 10/10

Day three: For a final round of coffee roulette, I hopped out of bed and walked myself to the Den before class. I was excited to get a barista who seemed to be on the more traditional side of coffee. When I asked him to surprise me with whatever drink he wanted to make, he went for a classic double latte.

Rating: This latte was so good! It was very foamy and not too sweet. Most importantly, it kept me focused throughout my day without making me jittery. 9.5/10

Overall, my favorite drink was the coconut and macadamia nut latte, it was a yummy treat that I plan on ordering again next time I feel like treating myself.

Her Campus LMU