Girl with short hair smiling
Girl with short hair smiling
Ann Huff
Style > Beauty

I Cut My Own Hair In Quarantine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

The other day I was feeling antsy and wanted something to do so I decided to cut my hair. Yes… I cut my hair. Because I mean, what else would one do in quarantine? Ha… right? I’d been wanting to cut my hair somewhat short for a while so I decided I’d do it myself. 

For me, I was just looking for something to do but for those who actually do need a haircut, this article might be useful. 

Step 1: Straighten your hair (if necessary) 

Also, make sure your hair is dry. It’s easier to see if you messed up when it’s dry rather than wet. 

Step 2: Using elastics

Section your hair off in four even sections.

Step 3: Move the elastics to the spot you want to cut your hair

I cut about 4 or 5 inches off!

Step 4: BYE BYE HAIR

Tip: slide the elastic a little lower than where you want to cut so there’s room for error. When cutting your hair, cut straight across and above the elastic. 

Step 5: touch-ups!

A super easy and fun activity to do if you’re bored or in need of a haircut. I decided to make a Tiktok of myself cutting my hair. I love my new haircut and to my parents’ surprise, it turned out really well. 

Hi everyone! My name is Ann and I'm thrilled to be part of HerCampus. I enjoy SoulCycle and CorePower Yoga and practicing healthy living. I'm a big advocate for mental health, self-care, and women empowerment.
Her Campus LMU