How to Recover from Recruitment Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Recruitment weekend. Those two words have a really big affect on so many girls, all over different campuses. Having to talk to multiple girls each day, with hardly any breaks, no time to eat or drink water is pretty hard if you ask me. Plus with everyone catching the cold or getting over it, it’s kind of impossible to no get sick during recruitment. On top of that, you probably have a lot of homework assignments that week so you have to pull an all-nighter to finish it before your classes… But now that it’s over, what should you do to recover from recruitment weekend?

Step 1: Drink Tons of Water and Orange Juice

We all know that it’s important to drink water because it Increases energy and relieves fatigue, flushes out toxins and boosts immune system. But it’s also important to drink orange juice because it can prevent illnesses, cleanses your body, improves immune system and a great source of vitamin c. Which is especially important since a lot of people are catching the cold.

Step 2: Get Some Cough Medicine, Drink Emergen-c and Tea

I’m sure you probably have a cough by the end of recruitment or you even lost your voice from singing and talking to so many people. Grab some cough medicine, your favorite tea and drink some emergen-c to prevent and treat your cold.

Step 3: Spa Day (or Night)

During recruitment, you want to look your best and make sure girls in your sorority look their best as well. With the loads of makeup you apply and much you burn your hair, a spa day is much needed! Just grab or even create your favorite mask to make sure your skin is getting the break it deserves.

Step 4: Take a Break From Heels

Sounds silly but it’s true. By the end of recruitment, your feet probably hurt and have blisters because of how long you had to wear heels. Wear some comfortable sneakers, sandals and slippers throughout the day to give your feet a rest from heels.  

Step 5: Get Some Sleep

SLEEP, SLEEP,SLEEP! It is an important thing we all need and love. So skip out on going to a party with your friends or do homework earlier in the day so you don’t have to pull an all nighter and get back on your sleep schedule. You could even take a nap in the day so you feel fully rested and able to conquer the day.