Dope Girls Fun Music Festival Hats
Dope Girls Fun Music Festival Hats
Lexi Tokarski / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

By Lauren Straub

Make that money, girl.

If you’re planning on attending Stagecoach, odds are you’re probably broke now. A music festival is a commitment, and your bank account knows it. If you have no big plans for Spring Break, it might be strategic to work a bit that week. I, for one, will be spending my days at the restaurant I served at this summer, smiling through the struggle for those tips. Another option, if the grind isn’t your forte for the entire Spring Break, is bringing your unwanted clothes to a thrift/consignment store like Buffalo Exchange (Santa Monica) for a little extra cash. For accepted items, Buffalo Exchange will give you 30% of their selling price in cash, or 50% in-store credit that you can use for your Stagecoach fits. Lastly, one surefire way of making certain you have the funds for the festival is to preserve them. Yes, this means eating out a lot less than usual – a major struggle that will pay off, I promise.

Fit-spiration.

Almost as important as funding your festival experience is choosing your outfits. Undoubtedly, desert-located Stagecoach will be toasty. Here are some clothing combinations to keep you feeling cool and looking cute:

• Cowboy boots, duh! Cowboy boots and cutoff shorts – aren’t those the lyrics in every other country song? Consider adding a thick, sparkly belt for a bit of pizzazz. Paired with your favorite crop top and aviators, this outfit is perfect for Day One.
  • If there’s anywhere you can pull off a cowboy hat and fringe, it’s a country music festival. Pair a fringe vest, bralette, or crochet top with a denim skort and booties for a fun and flirty fit. 
  • If dresses are more your speed, they totally still have a place here. Just grab a comfortable flowy dress, add a belt around the waist, and throw a bandana in your hair. With that, you’ve got the perfect girly ensemble while still feeling free enough to dance.

Memorize, memorize, memorize.

As any concert-goer knows, it’s always more fun when you’re familiar with the songs. I suggest checking out the lineup for each day and compiling a playlist with your favorite artists. If you don’t have the time or patience for that route, there is a playlist on Spotify entitled “STAGECOACH 2020!!!” (not mine, I swear) that has 14 hours of country-fied favorites from all of this year’s artists. “Stagecoach 2020 Official Playlist” is less comprehensive but more verified than the former. Play these on repeat while doing homework, walking to class, cruising down the PCH- soon enough, the lyrics will be ready to spill out of you during the festival. See you there!