How to Deal with the LA Cold Blast

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

L.A Winter? Layers.

Nothing calls upon your inner diva like realizing you can’t get away with shorts and a tank top in the dead of February. Sure, it is technically “winter” right now, but what does that even mean? The beach is still covered in instagram hungry girls, open-toed shoes are here to stay, and sunglasses en route to class are a must. Spending most of my life in Seattle, you would never guess that the L.A winter is the one that would crack my shell. This blast of cold plaguing the past two weeks is a reminder to control our egos, and that life can’t always be an endless summer.

The best tip to combat this “winter”, is LAYERS! After two days of a 12-hour runny nose, I thought I figured out how to win against the cold. I packed on 2 shirts, thick socks, and my heaviest jacket- joke’s on me because the sun came out at 2pm and turned my outfit into a sweat lodge.

Opt for layers, some hefty socks, and a good hoodie. Thin long sleeve shirts (I know half of the readers have a long sleeve Brandy Melville shirt). The wind is the most brutal part, so maybe keep that new skirt in your closet for just a little bit longer.

It’s important to have some weather that shakes us up a little bit. Life isn’t always sunny, and apparently neither is Los Angeles. We are all spoiled that our definition of “cold” is 50 degrees with a breeze, but instead of complaining, why don’t we all use it as an opportunity to whip out the boots and heavy jackets and pretend it’s really winter for the two weeks we have it.