Style

Harry Styles’ Dreamiest 2018 Tour Looks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Wrapping up his first solo world tour on July 14th in Los Angeles, Harry Styles did not fail to showcase his eclectic glam rock style during each and every show. Although the singer adorned some of the classic brands that he frequently associates with, such as Alexander McQueen, Calvin Klein, Givenchy, Gucci, and Yves Saint Laurent, he also displayed looks from newer designers, including Alejandro Gómez Paloma, Charles Jeffrey, and Harris Reed. Fans were kept on their toes as each show brought a new and exciting outfit to appreciate.

Here is a list that I compiled of my top five favorite looks that he exhibited during the past few months.

The Baby Pink Glitter Suit by Gucci (Bangkok, Thailand)

Photo by Hélène Marie Pambrun

This Alessandro Michele one of a kind suit allowed Harry to serve us one of his dreamiest looks during his show in Thailand. Although glittered from head to toe, Michele was able to utilize the sparkly pink fabric in a way that didn’t seem tacky or overdone.

The Cheetah Print Suit by Alexander McQueen (London, United Kingdom)

This custom Alexander McQueen cheetah print suit was truly the look of my dreams. I am not confirming that I’m the reason that he blessed us with this look, but I am saying that I spoke this outfit into existence before the 2018 tour even started.

Although cheetah print in fashion is seen as a tacky choice by many, this perfectly tailored suit is pulled off extremely well by Harry.

The Sequined Blouse With Wool Flares by Harris Reed (Vancouver, Canada)

Harry supported three smaller designers during his tour by showcasing a variety of their work, one of them being Harris Reed, a designer with “a vision for gender fluid glamour”. Reed described the Vancouver outfit as a “hand-embroidered three-tone sequin blouse with Venetian wool flares”.

This is one of my favorite looks, not only because of the sequined top but also because of the low-cut neckline and the ruffled sleeves. I find that the mix of the glitzy fabric with the classic Victorian-esque shape of the blouse creates a beautiful contrast.

The Sequined Black Suit by Yves Saint Laurent (Paris, France)

Harry’s Paris look was a custom YSL suit by the designer Anthony Vaccarello. You may have guessed by now that I have an affinity for sequins and glitter, and you would be right. Although this outfit’s ability to shimmer underneath the stage lights made quite an impact, the classic fit and the simple, ruffled button up underneath gave the look an elegant and timeless twist.

The Striped Suit by Palomo Spain (Madrid, Spain)

In Madrid, Harry sported a cropped blazer with a pair of high waisted trousers. This outfit was a Pre SS18 suit by the relatively new designer, Alejandro Gómez Paloma. Underneath the blazer was a white tank with Harry’s classic phrase “Treat People With Kindness” printed on it.

I love everything about this look, but the reason it made its way into my top five is because of the high waisted pants. We rarely got to appreciate the style during the tour, so this outfit was definitely a treat.

Every outfit that Harry wore while touring for HS1 was stunning, but these looks made it into my top five because of their ability to elevate his shows through their beauty and individuality.

Hey! My name is Kaeli, and I am a studio arts major at Loyola Marymount University.