toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Halloween at Disneyland

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Disneyland has been one of my favorite places to go since I was little girl. My Freshman year at LMU, I decided to get a Disneyland pass since it is so close to school. If you have never been to Disneyland during the holiday season, this year is your time to go. Disneyland always goes all out with their decorations, but this year specifically is amazing. Here are Halloween activities and treats to try out when you’re there.

1. Haunted Mansion

Disneyland models the Haunted Mansion after the movie, The Nightmare Before Christmas. This ride in particular is special because it stays decorated like this for Halloween and through Christmas time. It’d definitely worth waiting in line for once to get to see all of the detailed decorations.

2. Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy

If you enjoy going on Space Mountain normally, you will love the Halloween version. The whole ride consists of you being chased around by space a ghost. I was honestly terrified and I think they definitely increased the speed on the ride but I had a blast and would do it again just for the laughs. If you want a funny picture of your friend, you will 100% get one on this ride.

3. Mickey’s Halloween Party

This has been going on for a couple of years and is really difficult to get tickets for, but it super fun if you can attend! This event takes place only on certain nights during October, but the park closes down for the people who have tickets so that they can go on rides and trick or treat around the park. There are special Halloween fireworks and a parade that only the people with Halloween party tickets can see. Everyone also must dress up in a Halloween costume and most people go all out so start thinking of ideas now!

4. Pumpkin Spice Churro

I will admit I live for a good PSL, so when I found out that Disneyland had pumpkin spice churros I had to try it. The churros at Disneyland are already arguably one of the best treats in the park, and now with added pumpkin spice they are a dream. You can get it in Car’s Land in California Adventure over at the Cozy Cone. They have a bunch of Halloween flavored treats over there like a candy corn macaroon and flavored popcorn.  

5. Halloween Candy Apples

Disneyland always has amazing candy apples, but the Halloween decorations are super cute! You can find these all over the park.

6. Meet the Villains

Disneyland normally does not have all of the villain characters walking around the park, but around Halloween it is pretty easy to spot them and ask to take a picture.

7. Cars Land

I mentioned that Car’s Land has really good food at the Cozy Cone but it is also decked out with decorations. Cars like Mater and Lightning McQueen are driving around with their Halloween costumes. The rides are also specially decorated such as Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree and Luiigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween.

8. Guardians of the Galaxy-Monsters After Dark

Only go on this ride if you are willing to wait 2+ hours in line. Since Guardians of the Galaxy is relatively new, there are always a lot of people in line. After 5 o’clock this ride changes into a Halloween theme. Even if you haven’t seen the movie, this ride is extremely fun!

9. Halloween Ears

Of course they had to create ears for this special time of year. These orange sequin ears are super cute and sold throughout the whole park.

10. The Pumpkin on Main Street

You can’t miss the gigantic Mickey Pumpkin at the entrance of Main Street. It’s a really fun place to get a picture of you and your friends experiencing the magic of Disneyland at Halloween.

So…who wants to go??