The Guide to the Perfect Halloween Season at LMU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Before we could even believe summer was over, September went by in a breeze, and Halloween is now quickly approaching. Ever since I was little, I have been absolutely obsessed with Halloween. What’s not to love about Halloween, the costumes, decorations, candy, parties?! If you’re looking for some Halloween inspo and spirit on the Bluff, you’ve come to the right place!

Costume Guide

The most important part of Halloween is the costumes! Nobody is officially in the Halloween spirit if they don’t plan on dressing up. Whether you like pop culture or scary costumes, these sites are your one stop shopping for all things Halloween costume related.

Dolls Kill

Known for their edgy ensembles, Dolls Kill never falls short when it comes to Halloween. Just like their unique clothing, if you buy your costume at Dolls Kill, you’ll be sure to be one of the only people wearing it. From Halloween makeup to accessories and out of this world costumes, Dolls Kill is the place to go if you’re looking for an edgy, unique costume that will definitely make you the center of attention and so Insta-worthy.

Urban Outfitters

The place where we can buy literally everything comes to the rescue again…this time for Halloween. Whether you’re looking for cute couples costumes, hilarious pop culture costumes, or just a funny Halloween tee, Urban Outfitters has got you covered. The costumes from Urban also seem to be the best quality of any Halloween costumes I’ve ever purchased and the pricing is good too.

Dorm-Friendly Halloween Recipes

Dorms and recipes are not something that normally go hand-in-hand, but these dorm-friendly recipes will make your Halloween on the Bluff not only fun but tasty too. These recipes are fairly quick, no bake snacks you can make in no time. Spoon University, a foodie website/ blog for college students, has an entire recipe selection of Halloween dorm-friendly snacks.

Dracula Cookies

These dracula teeth cookies take less than five minutes to make and are perfect for any Halloween party. With four simple ingredients and no microwave needed, anyone can make them.

Witch Hat Cookies

These no-bake witches hats can be made from a variety of easily-accessible store bought ingredients. With chocolate, cookies, and frosting, everyone will love these perfectly Halloween-friendly treats!

Halloween Activities

One of the many many advantages of living in LA, the entertainment capital of the world, is that there is no shortage when it comes to fun, Halloween activities. We all know about Universal Studios and Knott’s Scary Farm, but listed below are some other fun, more off-the-radar activities that you and your friends will love.

Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor

With over six mazes, Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor is a great place to go with friends during the Halloween season. The mazes are on the historic boat, which is already presumably haunted itself, making them that much scarier. There isn’t a more perfect way to experience both Halloween and see the Queen Mary at the same time. Located in Long Beach, it is not too far of a trek from LMU.

Horror Made Here: A Festival of Fright

Located in Burbank at Warner Brothers Studios, this tour will take you behind the scenes of some of your favorite horror movies. From the sets, to costumes and props, tour-goers will get a glimpse of all things horror cinema.

Studio Arts major at Loyola Marymount University interested in all things fashion, beauty, art, and pop culture. @imemilycatherine