emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A Gift Guide for the Person Who has Everything

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

We all have that one person on our holiday shopping list that is increasingly more difficult to shop for year after year. I’ve been swerving on Amazon this season to get back into the #shopsmallshoplocal mindset because we’re boosting the economy, ya’ll. And, I took some time to scavenge the web for some cool, out-of-the-box gift ideas. But, you know what? Something about adding more stuff into the lives of people who I know didn’t need more stuff didn’t sit right with me. This is how I approached my shopping for those people this season:

Make Your Dollar Go Further:

• Give back to the community through a donation. You can even make the donation in the name of the person on your list and specify the donation to a charity or cause they care about. Pet lover? Foodie? Eco-friendly? Women’s rights advocate?

• Books are never a bad gift. Why? Because reading is important. Becoming by Michelle Obama is arguably the hottest book on the shelves right now.

Experiences Bring More Happiness:

• If the person on your list is a wannabe chef, cooking classes can help them turn their dreams into reality. At least for one night.

• Any die-hard fans on your list? Send them to a game, show, or concert by taking care of the tickets.

Food, obviously:

• Can you think of someone who is endlessly hungry but always settles for garbage meals? The Blue Apron meal kit subscription can ensure they stop picking through the junk food in their kitchen and start eating like a real adult.

• Do your person a favor and send them some of the most delicious pizza they’ve ever had.

Send some seasonings to spice up their life. Or, sweeten their day with an edible arrangement. Honestly, tell me one time you weren’t excited by an edible arrangement.

I'm a dog and cat mom- Trigger (the dog) and Rogue (the kitty). I am active by nature, so sitting idle is never an option. I love finding new areas of LA to explore and I am on an endless hunt for the best pizza this city has to offer.
Alison is a Senior Marketing major at Loyola Marymount University. She is also President of Her Campus at LMU and has been involved since her freshman year. She enjoys writing, running, going to the beach, and is always down for a cute brunch.