Dogeared Sample Sale

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

By: Lauren Wesseln

“your true nature is luminous”

TGIF was in full effect last week. I do not have class on Fridays and normally I spend my time sleeping in after a long week, catching up on The TODAY show (no surprise there), and planning for the week ahead. Not last Friday though. I was a full-fledged LA trendy girl as they say. A few of my sorority sisters and I went to an exclusive Dogeared Sample Sale. How did I hear about this event you ask? I know some people who know some people. No, I’m totally kidding. I was just on Facebook at the right time.

I like to think of myself as a smart shopper. I know where to find the best brands at the best prices. In other words, if you ever need a shop until you (don’t) drop…all that money, I am your girl. It was almost as if there was something in the universe telling me to go to this sample sale. I mean come on being a smart shopper is also about knowing where the best prices are and when they are happening.

Okay, enough about my shopping talents.

Dogeard believes that good things happen. The brand is more than the jewelry. The brand encompasses small moments, personal achievements and experiences and celebrates the individual. Each piece has a story behind it such as love, balance and happiness. The philosophy of what goes around comes around rings true with Dogeared as they handcraft their jewelry locally and partner with non-profit organizations that share their vision of a better world.

In celebration of this exclusive event, everything was priced under $25. Normally, Dogeared’s jewelry pieces range anywhere from $52 to $102. I’m surprised I didn’t go ham in purchasing every necklace, bracelet or ring I laid my eyes on. But then again, I reminded myself of the “quality over quantity” and “want vs. need” mentalities. There was significant meaning behind the two necklaces I had my sights set on. The “Friendship” (gold anchor) necklace symbolizes the friends I have in my life who help to anchor me. The “Have Faith” (gold cross) necklace reminds me that faith will help me through anything. I had wanted them for a while but never really needed them until now. My friendships and my faith have evolved just like I have evolved. These necklaces serve as a reminder that even though things change, everything is still going to be okay.