This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

On Wednesday, November 7th, everyone’s favorite Bachelorette, Bachelor in Paradise, and Bachelor Winter Games contestant made a guest appearance at LMU. Dean Unglert participated in a Q&A with the fabulous Mane Entertainment host and Her Campus team member Carlie Doll.

We were able to learn a lot about Dean. This Colorado native has his BA in business and misses the small town feeling of his home state and hopes to give his kids that same experience that he had in the future. His mom is his biggest influence and he just got back from a 7 day backpacking trip in South America before he came to LMU!

When talking about his start on the screen, he said that his friend signed him up for an audition for The Bachelorette. Afterwards, he packed enough for three days but filmed for two months!

His experience on The Bachelorette was “fun but tedious” and made some pretty amazing friends and shared some pretty funny stories.

So, EVERYONE knows that Dean has more than a few tattoos, but I had no idea that he had a lip tattoo?(!?!) Was it a sober decision? No. Did Rachel jokingly say that he was the dumbest person she had ever met? Yes! He also remembered his experiences with craft services by saying “Eric was a personal trainer and I was just chowing down Oreos”. He loved group dates and didn’t sweat it when other guys got 1 on 1’s with Rachel because he was convinced that HE had it.

Other than his screen time, we got to know a little bit more about the Dean Unglert that isn’t on TV. He said that his favorite dates are the outdoorsy ones, such as hikes and that “going on dates is a lot of work.” BOY DID I FEEL THAT! His love of travel and love of dogs surpasses the stars. He hopes to own a St. Bernard or a Great Mastiff and would love to go to the moon or Mars. Out of all of his travels, his favorite was helping communities in Honduras. He loved how “everyone was unified in faith, even though not everyone spoke the same language”.

He also told us about how Justin Bieber DM’d him on Instagram once saying “hey man ignore those haters, keep your head up” and it was one of the coolest things!

LMU was truly so lucky to have someone as funny and genuine as Dean grace our campus for even just a few hours!

I'm an avid lover of dancing, sushi, and musicals! In five years, I'll either be on Broadway, in your next favorite movie, or teaching!