Current Movies You Have to See

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

‘Tis the season for buzz-worthy movies! Whether you are into romantic comedies, tear-jerkers, low-budget indie films, or all of the above, these films will definitely strike up your interest.

Beautiful Boy

Starring everyone’s favorite indie hearthrob and our favorite crazy boss, Timotheé Chalamet and Steve Carell, Beautiful Boy is guaranteed to make you cry. It chronicles the story of real life son and father, Nic and David Sheff, and the impact addiction had on their family. Premiering on October 12, this movie has already created so much Oscar-buzz.

A Star is Born

The third remake of the 1954 Golden Globe Best Picture winner, Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga star in this romantic drama. Bradley Cooper plays Jackson, a musician struggling with alcoholism, and Lady Gaga plays Ally, a singer who is hesitant to continue her dreams of stardom. Bradley Cooper’s directorial debut is destined to become a box office success.

mid90’s

Written and directed by Jonah Hill, this movie is bound to be a classic. The movie centers around 13 year old Stevie and his group of skater friends. The nostalgic cinematography and cool music makes for a must-see film. And to top it off, mid90’s is another A24 gem that is bound to be the indie movie moment of the year.

Year: Senior Major: Journalism Interests: Film, fashion, music, the 1970s, political activism, pop culture, and exploring around Los Angeles!