alaskajpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alaskajpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
HomeAway

The Coziest Cabins for Your Perfect Southern California Getaway

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

The beauty of California is the different landscapes you can experience all within just a few hours of each other. From the mountains, to the desert, to the beach, Southern California is the perfect place to enjoy a vacation. 

I want to share with you the five best Airbnb cabins to cozy up in and enjoy all that California has to offer!

Oak Tree A-Frame in Lake Arrowhead

What we love:

The first thing that stands out about this cabin is the beautiful design – and it’s the first thing mentioned in almost all of the numerous five star reviews. A mix of modern, Scandinavian, and bohemian, it’s a décor dream, and huge A-frame windows allow an abundance of sunshine to pour through. The location could not be better, allowing privacy and serenity amongst nature yet close to the action of Lake Arrowhead. We also love that this cabin is spacious enough to bring the whole friend group or family. 

Things to do:

While I think I could stay in this cabin for an eternity without leaving, Lake Arrowhead is dubbed “The Alps” of southern California and offers so many fun things to do! It’s all about connecting with nature through activities such as hiking, backpacking, bicycling, water and snow skiing, fishing, hot springs, and so much more. You are also bound to see some stunning wildlife while you are here.

Book your stay here!

A-Frame Oasis in Palm Springs

What we love: 

If you want a dreamy poolside cabin, this one is for you! Designed to the absolute highest standard, the Instagram photo ops will be endless. Just imagine laying in the hammock under olive trees, taking a dip in the saltwater pool, and the ability to easily hop over to downtown Palm Springs for a night on the town as well. With amazing little touches and surprises everywhere, this is a true Palm Springs hidden gem. 

Things to do:

Palm Springs is an ultimate oasis, where the desert meets the mountains. Most people go for a relaxing retreat; enjoying the hot springs, many spas, golf courses, and shopping. Right outside of Palm Springs is also Coachella Valley where you will find hiking, horseback riding, and other adventurous activities!

Book your stay here!

Little Jo Cabin in Joshua Tree

What we love: 

This is truly a place to disconnect and really enjoy Joshua Tree, as here you will have unobstructed desert views and plenty of room to go and explore. Watching the sunrise and sunset at this cabin is guaranteed to be one of the best experiences you can have. This cabin’s a recently renovated 1950’s homesteader, and now has a beautiful rustic aesthetic with modern comforts.

Things to do:

Joshua Tree is a one-of-a-kind place that attracts people looking to find themselves. It’s a place with a lot of history, and epic landscapes that truly inspire people. The best things to do here are hiking, rock climbing, wildlife spotting, star gazing, and antiquing right in town. 

Book your stay here!

Rancho Pines Cabin in Big Bear

What we love: 

A true woodsy cabin in a nature lovers paradise, this may be the best Airbnb in Big Bear. This cabin is guaranteed to give you the coziest of cozy feelings. Whether it’s a morning coffee outside overlooking the open forest, a cocktail in the relaxing hot tub, or a hot cocoa by the fireplace, this cabin offers it all. You are also in a prime Big Bear location to take advantage of all the activities offered here. 

Things to do:

Every Winter, Southern California residents desire to “go to the snow” and Big Bear is the number one choice. It offers some amazing skiing and snowboarding, whether you are a beginner or expert. There’s also numerous hikes with panoramic views of the lake for you to enjoy the fresh mountain air. Big Bear village is also a place to have really good drinks and eats, and in October you can enjoy the annual Oktoberfest here! If you come in the Summer you can go enjoy a ton of lake activities such as kayaking. 

Book your stay here!

The Be Well Yurt In Pine Cove Idyllwild

What We Love: 

This Airbnb is a great option to spend a little bit less money but still have the best getaway. This cozy yurt offers the ultimate glamping experience. The clear dome top allows you to stargaze in bed, then wake up to a morning coffee surrounded by ancient pine trees. The location is right on the famous strawberry creek, and if you’re there at the right time you can find ripe apple trees. One of the best parts of this little cabin in the woods is that everything is 100% vegan and eco-friendly! This Airbnb is so airy, bright, and equipped with the ultimate comforts; “Eco-luxe” is definitely the right term for it. Come here to enjoy the hiking and scenery, and be able to really recharge. 

Things to do:

Idyllwild is the best trip no matter the time of the year. In the winter you’ll find lush snow, lilac fields in the spring, warm sun in the summer, and crisp air in the fall. There’s no shortage of hiking trails to enjoy, and it’s a really enchanting town as well. If you weren’t convinced of the charm of Idyllwild, you should know the mayor of the town is a golden retriever named Max! Idyllwild is definitely an endearing getaway. 

Book your stay here!

Katie Robinson is a junior majoring in Communications at LMU. She was born and raised in Northern Virginia, and now loves living in Los Angeles. In her free time, you can catch her doing DIY projects, watching every single movie on Netflix, and finding new places in nature to explore.
Rylie Walsh is a recent graduate of Loyola Marymount University, where she earned her degree in Communication Studies and English! She was President of Her Campus LMU for the 2021-22 school year and is also a Her Campus National Writer. When she's not reading, writing, or working, you can find her hanging out with friends, SoulCycling, or enjoying her all time favorite dessert: a Pressed freeze.